Where did this feature move to?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Multi Quote works normally for me. :idk:

Multi Quote works normally for me. :idk:

Huh. If I use that feature a mumber of times it posts every multi quote I have made since logging on for a session. My solution has been to simply highlight the excess, previous quotes, and dump them, but I do have to look a second time before I hit post, or my posts can have all kinds of extra quotes, that may, or may not make sense in the context of that post.

It does allow me to multi quote from multiple threads. Not sure if this was possible before. This may not be new, but I did only, accidentaly discover this feature yesterday.

It does allow me to multi quote from multiple threads. Not sure if this was possible before. This may not be new, but I did only, accidentaly discover this feature yesterday.

That feature used to be there. If you selected a post from any thread it stayed in queue until you posted it. If you quoted in a different thread, right under the reply box was a small line asking if you wanted to use previously selected quotes or to delete them. If you chose neither, then it just did whatever post you were quoting and nothing else, and the posts stayed selected until next time.

That feature used to be there. If you selected a post from any thread it stayed in queue until you posted it. If you quoted in a different thread, right under the reply box was a small line asking if you wanted to use previously selected quotes or to delete them. If you chose neither, then it just did whatever post you were quoting and nothing else, and the posts stayed selected until next time.

I had a hunch this was just something that I had not discovered previously.

The fact that multi quotes stay in that "queue", and repost again and again, is definitely something new.

Also, I did just discover that I have to log in again, in order to see my photos in Photo Gallery, and if I chose to open a second window so I can move between posts on SB, I now have to log into SB in each new window as I open it, which is also something I have not seen before. Not life threatening issues, for sure, just irritating being used to it working smoother.

No issues I have encountered are all that hard to resolve from my end. They just require doing things a bit more carefully till I get used to the difference. Like riding my son's Sportster after being used to my dresser. Different, an adjustment.

Some of my log in issues my actually be on this end, as the store has been playing around with privacy and security setting, so no cookies are ever stored on any computers. I will see how it works on the home machines later.

Also, I did just discover that I have to log in again, in order to see my photos in Photo Gallery, and if I chose to open a second window so I can move between posts on SB, I now have to log into SB in each new window as I open it, which is also something I have not seen before. Not life threatening issues, for sure, just irritating being used to it working smoother.

Have you checked the 'Remember Me' box under the log in field? It's kinda hard to see, so look closely. I switch between multiple tabs and windows and haven't had to log back in since I checked that, even when I completely close it out, unless I actually use the log out feature.

I liked the drop down that was previously attached to New Posts where I could select "My Posts" and "All Classifieds". I know I can still get to these in round-about ways but it would be swell to put them back where they were :)

All of those added features where under "tweaked" templates in the old version. Right now we're running with a clean slate. I'm sure at some point new templates will be made restoring most of those features and taking advantage of new ones that vb4 has to offer.

Unless you have unsubscribed to a thread you posted to, doesn’t “Subscribed Threads” under “Quick Links” serve the purpose?

I don't automatically subscribe to threads I post in, and typically used the subscribe thread option to keep track of threads that interest me, but I haven't posted in. But yes, that would be one of the roundabout ways to accomplish something similar to 'my threads' option.

Some of my log in issues my actually be on this end, as the store has been playing around with privacy and security setting, so no cookies are ever stored on any computers. I will see how it works on the home machines later.
That's your issue as the saved login "checkbox" is stored in a saved cookie.

Originally Posted by HowardE
Currently there is no forum exclusion. That was a hack that was installed on the old site, and is not supported in vBulletin 4.1. There is no update for that right now. If something becomes available... I'll put it in.

In the meantime, the method discussed in this thread:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/site-support/site-support/sit...ing-again.html
(and its antecedent) still seems to work.

For example, this simple URL:
http://www.scubaboard.com/search.php...ude=2,6,93,212
includes Basic Scuba Discussions, New Divers & Those Considering Diving, Site Support, and Suggestions.

I used include, but presumably you can still use exclude. One issue is finding numbers for newer forums such as Scuba Related Court Cases.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom