Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deep Cove 2 dives, an advanced open water 100' dive. 2nd dive a wreck in about 50' and the third dive was my first night dive at Ogden Point. All temps about 53 to 55 F here in Victoria, BC.

Den Osse/Kerkweg Nightdive.

15m-64min.18C

Bainbridge Quarry for another nice Wednesday Night dive.

Took a tour way out past anywhere I've ever been before and saw probably the last building that's still standing (affectionately known as "The Barn")

Maximum depth: 88ffw
Duration: 41 minutes
Temps: a BALMY 41 degrees!

Creeping closer towards a milestone...

[table 0 0 3]#|Location|Duration|Depth|Temp
323|Nieuwe Kerkweg|65 Minutes|16M/52Ft|18C/64F
324|De Kabbelaar|72 Minutes|13M/43Ft|18C/64F[/table]
So, where did you dive today? :)

Just on my way home from Port Hardy, on the northern end of Vancouver Island. Did 13 dives in six days ... had planned more, but the weather was blustery, raining, and cold for all six days (quite unusual for August). Visibility was excellent, however ... 80-100 feet on most dives. Traveling to and from the dive sites in an open skiff was not fun ... and the unusually blustery weather limited where we could dive. However, once underwater it was soooo worthwhile.

Best cold water diving I have ever done. The walls here rival anything I saw in Indonesia. Besides the incredible walls (too much scenery to do justice to with a camera), the topside was pretty exciting as well. We saw humpback whales, orcas, bears, deer, eagles, herons, and otters. Also had a couple brief underwater encounters with stellar sea lions (underwater grizzly bears, basically).

Some "teasers" ... I'll do a trip report when I have some time ...

Basket star growing through a soft coral
CIMG7711.jpg

Close-up of the face of a Puget Sound king crab
CIMG8028.jpg

Underwater jewels (brooding anemones) growing on a piece of kelp
CIMG7914.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Spanish Rocks in Bradenton, FL

On my very first OW dive. I felt like an idiot, but the instructors said I did well except for the bicycle kicking...

I'm sure I will improve with practice.

Carolyn

Finally got in the sea.

Weather thick fog and quite cold but not a breath of wind so flat calm sea. Pity about the big spring tides (7.1m range) limiting sites somewhat.

1 dive in marine park, visibility about 3m. Was average.

Second dive on a small rocky island never done before. Vis 6m. Crawling with life, crab, lobster, scallops, fish. Best part was finding a sea cave. Went in 30-4m or so and came face to face with a huge male seal in the darkness who didn't like the intrusion. We backed out and it followed us right to the exit. Fantastic dive. Need to go back to that cave. Got a suspicion it goes right through the island and out the other side.

Tropical Lake Denton in Avon Park Florida. :palmtree: Bob

Spanish Rocks in Bradenton, FL

On my very first OW dive. I felt like an idiot, but the instructors said I did well except for the bicycle kicking...

I'm sure I will improve with practice.

Carolyn

I figured it would be too rough at the rocks yesterday. Guess I should have checked....bummer :shakehead:

The milestone has been reached.

I've now completed the same number of dives (55) as 2006 and 2007 combined... :yeahbaby:

[table 0 0 3]#|Location|Duration|Depth|Temp
325|Het Koepeltje|86 Minutes|12M/40Ft|18C/64F[/table]
So, where did you dive today? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom