Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This morning East Scheld estuary low slack tide.
Place: Goes Sas Punt

We arived with time, around 9 am at a misty shore. Slack tide being at 9:55 am we had plenty of time to equip ourselves. We entered the water at 9:30, plan was to have a max depth of 130 feet if visibility was good otherwise 100 feet max depth. visibility was extremely good, with 30 feet vis. We saw alot of halbot, cuttlefish, lobster, pipefish... we dropped to 120 feet and then when the tide began pulling again ascended with the bottom and dived out around 50 feet. 3 min of deco at 3 m was extended for extra safety to 6 min.

All in all very nice dive... when we went out the sun was shining brilliantly.

Today Oostvoorne,

OW checkout dives 2&3.

And still loving those faces,when they done the skills right.:D

This morning. Cayman Salvage Master, a wreck in 90 ft of water, Key West, FL. It was good to finally get in the water after all of our bad weather with hurricanes and tropical storms.

Spent the last three days camping and diving at Porteau Cove ... a dive park just north of Vancouver, British Columbia. Perfect week-end for it ... beautiful, sunny weather for camping, and spectacular vis for diving. There are several boats and what appears to be an old bridge sunk in relatively shallow water. Vis was so good we could see the entire structures (sometimes 100 feet).

This was my sixth trip in seven years to Porteau Cove, and by far the best.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I am jealous NW, we have been out of the water here for two days with a tropical storm messing up the water. Its been a long time since all my gear actually dried like this.

Due to the incoming typhoon we were only able to access "The Water Outlet" and the "Cemetary" (Kending, Taiwan). Obviously the surge was extreme even at 15 meters with 3-8 meter visibility. Schooling barricuda, squid and feeding lion fish were the highlights of the dive.

Last Saturday went diving in the St. Lawrence.

It was slightly overcast but the trees were showing their crimson & gold fall foliage as I headed down the 416 to meet up with my fellow divers. Shortly after 1:00 we headed over to Prescott to dive the Rothesay - nice easy shore dive, visibility was 20 to 25 ft, not much current and the water was 63 F. It was my first time on the Rothesay and, other than my constantly flooding mask, was a very enjoyable dive.

After the Rothesay our group of intrepid adventurers haded over to Cardinal to dive the Conestoga. To add to the fun we started in the the Gallop Canal (Lock 28 I believe) near the WeeHawk and did a drift down the canal to the St. Lawrence. I was wearing my backup mask and no problems with flooding., I actually managed to stay more or less horizontal and my buoyancy was better than I'd expected.

All in all I had a great time, BTW this was a bit of a "pity" dive. Kudos to John Rombouts for inviting me along.

Dove the pool all day Sat.....great viz!! LOL (Beginning my DM training and was helping with a Discover Scuba class, so I guess that dosen't count). On Sun. went out with Jupiter Dive Center. The viz wasn't great (about 30'), but we were entertained on the way out to the first reef by two dolphins playing a couple hundred yards away from us. During the safety stop we played with a bunch of little blue crabs swimming around us, and a group of triggerfish 10'-15' lower swam about. Not lots to see due to the poor viz, but I caught two lobster! (My first time trying it out)

Went to La Jolla Cove Saturday. Decent dive but vis was 10 feet at best. Lost my buddy for the first time and we ended up surfacing about the same time and only about 15 feet apart.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom