Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 at Bainbridge, PA..BEAUTIFUL day in Pennsylvania!

First dive:

Maximum Depth:89 ffw
Duration: 48 minutes
Temps: 42

Second dive:

Maximum depth: 50 ffw
Duration: 58 minutes
Temps: 51

No better way to spend a nice Sunday afternoon floating around with the missus in some cold water... :)

[table 0 0 3]#|Location|Duration|Depth|Temp
338|Gemaal van Dreischor|57 Minutes|13M/43Ft|13C/55F
339|Nieuwe Kerkweg|59 Minutes|14M/46Ft|13C/55F[/table]
So, where did you dive today? :)

Yesterday
Catalina Island
Early morning waves made the exit at the park too much for Marian but TeqP and I had one nice dive.

No better way to spend a nice Sunday afternoon floating around with the missus in some cold water... :)

[table 0 0 3]#|Location|Duration|Depth|Temp
338|Gemaal van Dreischor|57 Minutes|13M/43Ft|13C/55F
339|Nieuwe Kerkweg|59 Minutes|14M/46Ft|13C/55F[/table]
So, where did you dive today? :)

55? That's not COLD El! :rofl3:

I'll take 55 ANY day!:wink:

Speak for yourself. I dove Bainbridge today with daytonadave in a 3mm with a 5mm hood and gloves. We got to 44 ft and the water, 60 degrees, was waaaaayyyy too freakin' cold for me. But then again...I'm a lover of the warm water. Give me the Keys any day. And yes...I refuse to buy a dry suit.

Today had another lovely day of late season diving with great visibility and bright light. Fish were scarce but the terrain and plant life made up for it. The site dujour was Ships Cove in Fort Williams park in Cape Elizabeth Maine.

The local starfish population seems to be in a definite recovery. Run time was 70 minutes and I think we hit 35 feet in front of the fort. Water temperature was a predictable 53F. Another magnificent late season dive for me, my wife & buddy Luis.

Pete

Speak for yourself. I dove Bainbridge today with daytonadave in a 3mm with a 5mm hood and gloves. We got to 44 ft and the water, 60 degrees, was waaaaayyyy too freakin' cold for me. But then again...I'm a lover of the warm water. Give me the Keys any day. And yes...I refuse to buy a dry suit.

Don't sell your local diving short, you were under dressed.

Can you be in the keys any day?

I wish I could be in the Keys - stupid work and lack of vacation time. :(

The dive above the thermocline was actual not bad in the 3mm. It was about 68-70 degrees and I wasn't very cold at all. Only had a problem when we went below the thermocline. I only dive the quarries b/c it's the only option in our area. I'm not huge on the low visibility (4 feet today for some parts; 15 ft was the max) and the limited wildlife. It was nice to dive with the hubby though, having the time to ourselves away from the 3 kiddies.

I dove at Katie's Reef yesterday and today with some Open Water 1 and 2 students and we managed to hit Shark Reef also. Both are part of the wonderful diving right in my backyard in Biscayne National Underwater Park. There is new management and staff and they are doing a great job of getting back to a reliable schedule and bringing the Reef Rover and Boca Chica up to snuff. If anyone is interested in the park, give me a yell, I'm always looking for an excuse to get underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom