Where did you get OW certified?

Where did you get scuba certified?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I certified at a shop, but I learned to dive from my dad and a couple of books. I was diving for 18 years before I certified, and had to because getting fills out of area was haphazard.

Bob

Got certified by a very competent shop in cambodia during a south east asia trip.

Owned and operated by british people and they were training locals to be dive masters and instructors.

Scuba Nation Cambodia located in sihanoukville. The local diving is not really outstanding but for my certification i loved it.

At the local YMCA in the late 60's. The instructor was ex-military, and students could and did wash out.

Husband and I did LDS in Mass back in 1988. I did not want my child to struggle with wetsuit at first, so LDS for class and check out in Florida.

Leeward dive center....a local shop around the corner from my house in waianae, Oahu, Hawaii....

Last edited:
First time in 1970 with an independent LA County instructor in my hometown. Second time in 1997 with my 12 year old son on Grand Cayman with a LDS

A twist on @NWGratefulDiver and @tbone1004 - Not sure how to answer this poll - In college as a PE class at the school's pool. Instructor was YMCA (so independent?), and was an actual university staff member. School had all the equipment & compressor....

FWIW - wife and daughter each used a "local dive shop"....

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom