Where did you get OW certified?

Where did you get scuba certified?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LDS in Oklahoma. Great group but I didn't really fall in love with it until I moved to New England and could dive off Cape Ann all the time. I feel for those guys in OK - staying passionate diving that dirty water is something else.

PADI elearning. Pool work at PADI LDS in KCMO and OW dives with SSI LDS diving in Bonne Terre mine.

Bid on SCUBA lessons using United Miles. NAUI class and pool in Chicago (Mike Parnell), Open water dives at Jack's Dive Locker Kona, Hawaii.

Had done some resort dives but never got certified until a couple of years ago. My wife bid on and bought a OW scuba package for me through a LDS at a fund raiser for a food pantry across the street from us. Classes, pool work, and OW dives were at a full service dive resort (quarry) 4 miles from my house. Did AOW thru same LDS but did the dives at Devil's Den and Blue Grotto.

At the next auction, I bought the same OW package for my wife.

We saved a bundle on our OW certifications.

My OW checkout dive was at Lake Rawlings (now Lake Phoenix) in VA with an instructor who taught in our dive club. At that time, most of the local dive shops didn't really keep instructors on hand.

I was certified by a good friend whilst living on Heron island GBR. I felt my course was extremely thorough as he obviously felt a personal need to ensure I was well trained and a safe diver.

Boracay Island, Philippines. Had never considered it before , no DSD, just "dove" right in. Certed the day before my 51st birthday.

Tobermory, Ontario, Canada.
Fathom Five National Marine Park.

Boracay Island, Philippines. Had never considered it before , no DSD, just "dove" right in. Certed the day before my 51st birthday.

Did exactly the same thing. Except it was my 30th birthday (well, I did considered it before, but nothing more than "let's see what they offer there and check it off the bucket list". Never expected how'd it turn into such and obsession ^^).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom