Where did you get OW certified?

Where did you get scuba certified?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did online theory. My pool and open water dives where with a well reviewed dive op in Bali. Went with Bali scuba l, small class, lots of time to work on skills knowledgable instructors and the dive 3 4 where on USAT liberty which was amazing.

I did the e-learning online and the practical portion at Mikes Beach Resort in Dumaguete, Negros Oriental in the Philippines. I did my certification dive at the App Island marine sanctuary.

I did online theory. My pool and open water dives where with a well reviewed dive op in Bali. Went with Bali scuba l, small class, lots of time to work on skills knowledgable instructors and the dive 3 4 where on USAT liberty which was amazing.
I did the same thing last month! Bali Scuba Masters, only person so I got some good attention.

I did Book and pool work With Divers Two in NJ and then went to Anthony's Key Resort in Honduras for the OW dives.

Seems like a long long tome ago mid '90s in Abilene TX, the shop was Underwater Connection with checkout dives even further out in Balmorhea TX. My future wife and I did AOW through the same shop years later with checkout dives at Possum Kingdom Lake, TX.

I ticked 'Local dive shop in your area', but technically I got certified overseas. My first experience of diving was about 18 years ago, when I did a try dive in Tenerife. I loved it, but never thought of taking it up as I thought it would mean loads of overseas travel. A few years later, a colleague looked into doing the open water course in Egypt, and persuaded me to join him. Unfortunately I broke my leg, so I had to postpone the idea.

He went to Egypt, but I never got around to it. It was only when he showed me some websites that I realised how good the UK diving opportunities are, so I started to think about it again. I had a wedding in Cyprus coming up, so I had to save for that before I considered learning to dive. It was a couple of days after the wedding when the dive school based out of the hotel came to the pool, offering people a chance to have a go. I tried it and ended up signing up for the PADI Scuba Diver course.

The Scuba Diver course doesn't seem too popular, or well known, but it is pretty much half the open water course. It qualifies you to dive to 12m, but only under the supervision of a DM or instructor. When I got back to the UK, I called the local dive school and did the remaining training needed to upgrade it to Open Water.

It will be interesting to see the final results.

Neither. I had been wanting to try diving for several years and finally took my PADI OW course through ScubaLessonsJax while vacationing in Florida in March of 2015. Then I went back down in October of that year and got my NAUI AOW certification with Ocala Dive Center. Then this past October, I again went through Ocala Dive Center and got my NAUI Nitrox and PSAI Cavern certifications.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom