Where did you get OW certified?

Where did you get scuba certified?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SSI E-learning, OW Pool Sessions at Bamboo Reef in San Francisco, OW Dives in Destin, FL with ScubaPro of Northwest Florida. SSI Nitrox with ScubaPro, PADI Dry Suit with ScubaPro

I did mine in Lake Jocassee in Salem, SC in a November. Air temp was in the 20s and the waters temp was in the 50s or 60s, I can't remember exactly. It was cold!

Padi OW & AOW at Aquatic Adventures Rowville Melbourne Victoria.

Did my PADI OW with an LDS.
Class and pool work was at the shop, and ocean check out dives were at Gerstle Cove in Sonoma County. The water was 47 degrees (in a wetsuit) and the vis was about 6 feet with pretty good surge. All of us got a crash course that day on how to stay off the bottom for skills since the DM ran the line we were supposed to hang onto right over a bunch of urchins.
I loved every minute of it!

I took my OW at a shop close by when I was in high school.

Did my PADI OW with an LDS.
Class and pool work was at the shop, and ocean check out dives were at Gerstle Cove in Sonoma County. The water was 47 degrees (in a wetsuit) and the vis was about 6 feet with pretty good surge. All of us got a crash course that day on how to stay off the bottom for skills since the DM ran the line we were supposed to hang onto right over a bunch of urchins.
I loved every minute of it!

Love it! I did some of my advanced and rescue at Gerstle Cove we got to do an actual rescue during our class it was opening weekend of ab season. I just helped my son with his DM mapping project his instructor assigned him Gerstle Cove. I also did my first ever night dive there ya I have great memories of that site!

A couple of my teenaged buddies and I met this ex-UDT instructor and after hearing a few of his stories, we all ordered gear from a catalog and got him to teach us to dive. About a year later, he informed us that several of the shops in Florida were starting to ask for certification cards before they would fill tanks. Since we had already gone through all the training, I think that we just took some tests, filled out some papers, and he sent all of that to NAUI. The date on my certification is August 1, 1966, although our training was a year or two earlier. The picture in my avatar is me in all that catalog-ordered gear.

right here in good old Ontario Canada...tobermory in 1978 acuc cert

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom