where do the Octopus and Computer go on Halcyon Pioneer BP/WINGS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leadweight once bubbled...

Welcome to the world of DIR. Its their way or the highway. You are so far down the path now that you might as well stop fighting and be assimilated.
He could do that...another thing you could try is clipping it off to your left shoulder d-ring. Run the HP hose down your left side, loop under your arm, and clip off to the left shoulder. Heck, you should be able to use it without unclipping..

..but I like the SPG idea better..

In my non-DIR opinion the only thing that belongs on the end of a HP hose is a HP gauge. It's more of a Sesame Street thing than a DIR thing. You know? "Which one of these things don't go with the others?"

A console would come in handy if you needed to beat someone with your HP hose or paddle a canoe with it.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
In my non-DIR opinion the only thing that belongs on the end of a HP hose is a HP gauge. It's more of a Sesame Street thing than a DIR thing. You know? "Which one of these things don't go with the others?"

A console would come in handy if you needed to beat someone with your HP hose or paddle a canoe with it.
There was nearly a coffee spraying incident..

...you forgot about it's use as a shark snout pounder in case your knife is already gone with your lower torso and you forgot to bring Uncle P or Walter along to lead the charge ...

the AI computer is so much more fun and IMHO helps give a newbie like me a peace of mind & a safer dive

maybe after 10 years of experience i can ditch the AI computer console

Dxtreme once bubbled...
IMHO helps give a newbie like me a peace of mind & a safer dive

Whenever I think about AI computers, I think about what a friend told me once.

"The last thing I need as I'm working my way out of a wreck is to look down and see it tell me I have 10 minutes of air left at that depth. All I see is 10 minutes air, 10 minutes deco, and that isn't what I need when my mind should be thinking 'How am I gonna slip by that damn conger eel again'"

newbies IMHO dont or should not go into overhead endeavor. I think AI system gives a newbies peace of mind instead of having to second guess themselves on deco stop time ....etc.

It also allows a newbie more time to enjoy the dive instead of doing college Math 30000 on their head

AI system gives a newbies peace of mind instead of having to second guess themselves on deco stop time...
Speaking of things newbies shouldn't be doing...

Leadweight Says:

Never ignore the obvious. Mike, you have a neat way of saying that.

A brief audible and visual alarm remind you as you approach 15 feet. An automatic 3 minute timer counts down to zero.

The Air Time Remaining feature calculates current depth, tank pressure, your breathing rate, ascent time, and decompression status to tell you exactly how much time you can remain underwater.

automatically compensate for altitude up to 14,000 feet, giving adjusted no-decompression times and depths. They even automatically recalibrate the depth display for freshwater instead of seawater.

I am at 80 feet with 1400 PSI showing on the gauge. A quick glance at your nitrogen bar graph tells me i have plenty of no-decompression time remaining, but I still want to make my usual safety stop. The computer will show me Want to know how much bottom time I have left.

This is what i seek in a dive computer. Sure it might not be anybody's cup of tea.

You can find a location with map and compass but i prefer the built in lexus GPS nav system :)

same difference, as long as we both found the location, as long as we both dive safely while enjoying the dive

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom