where do you carry your line cutters, knives, sheers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigeclipse

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
All,
Just looking at some advice to how many and where people are carrying these currently. I have seen dive knives being carried where canister light would be but then your left arm likely would have a hard time reaching for it if needed. I have seen dive knives mounted on the front of the crotch strap so both hands could reach. I have heard several say they put their sheers in one of their dive pockets. I have seen and heard of having line cutters somewhere on the shoulder straps. Please feel free with posting where you store these items, how many you carry and why. Thanks!

knife on leg. shears on webbing on waist pocket and EZ-cut on wrist strap of computer ( the most used cutting tool for me)

Two, sometimes three blades:

Spyderco FB31SYL Enuff Sheepfoot Fixed 2.75" H1 Serrated Blade on BP/W waist belt (left side, I am right handed)

Benchmade 7 Rescue Hook Strap Cutter on right BP/W shoulder strap

GJS

Knife on left waist. Trilobite on wrist strap for my computer.

Where I can reach them with both hands. That's actually the only valid parameter.

knife on leg. shears on webbing on waist pocket and EZ-cut on wrist strap of computer ( the most used cutting tool for me)

Knife on left waist. Trilobite on wrist strap for my computer.

I never considered putting the trilobite on the wrist strap - I read a lot of these threads and don't comment much lately - but honestly this is one of the best ideas for me - I have seen. I have been re-positioning it for the last year or two not finding a spot I like...

I just went downstairs and put it on the wrist strap - will be trying it out this weekend but I like it...

I never considered putting the trilobite on the wrist strap - I read a lot of these threads and don't comment much lately - but honestly this is one of the best ideas for me - I have seen. I have been re-positioning it for the last year or two not finding a spot I like...

I just went downstairs and put it on the wrist strap - will be trying it out this weekend but I like it...
Do you mind snapping a photo and posting it? I do not own a trilobite yet but interested in one especially for use on the wrist but would like to see what it looks like on a wrist first.

Trilobite on each computer wrist strap and shears sheathed on my wet notes in my pocket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom