Where in Carrib to go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
I second the BVI. The Rhone is pretty shallow and very beautiful, covered in coral, teeming with beautiful fish. BVI can be pricy, but well worth it.
Aloha, catherine
One of the best for all around Water Sports:
http://www.bvitourism.com/beaches

BVI is on the top of my wish list for Sail/Scuba Bareboat Charters in the Caribbean. . . http://www.sailinthebvi.com/

Well, looks like Bonaire and Curacao for 3-4 nites each. Probably early May, maybe late June instead (is there reason to do one time over the other)? So where are the best places to stay? Marriot on Curacao was mentioned. I hear Capt. Don's is not as hot as it used to be, with Buddy's and Divi taking up the lead.

How easy is it to hook up with people to dive with. Since my wife doesnt dive I will be solo (and relativly noob - ~25 dives). But I want to rack up some good bottom time this trip.

We are not 5star people, but since this is our 5yr anniversary I dont mind spending a buck or too for a nice place.

Thanx!
Jeremy

jeremyl:
Well, looks like Bonaire and Curacao for 3-4 nites each. Probably early May, maybe late June instead (is there reason to do one time over the other)? So where are the best places to stay? Marriot on Curacao was mentioned. I hear Capt. Don's is not as hot as it used to be, with Buddy's and Divi taking up the lead.

How easy is it to hook up with people to dive with. Since my wife doesnt dive I will be solo (and relativly noob - ~25 dives). But I want to rack up some good bottom time this trip.
We went to Bonaire over Christmas and stayed at the Belmar. We absolutely loved it. Right down the road from the Belmar is Donkey Beach, which is by no means a large beach, but it had very nice sand and excellent snorkeling and I think your wife would enjoy it.

I think it would be extremely easy to find a dive buddy too. When you check in, you'll have a dive briefing, fill out paperwork, etc... and you'd most likely be able to look into finding someone to dive with, especially if there are others checking in at the same time.

Hope you have a great trip!

Back
Top Bottom