Where in the heck did the liveaboard info go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caymaniac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Wondering?

caymaniac:
Wondering?

Assuming you're talking about the posts that were 'moved'? Just click on them and look at the thread line that appears above the posts that appear.

You will see that the Glapagos one got moved to Cental America, and that the otyher ones were variously distributed amongst "general" and other categories.

Why? I dunno. PM a Mod.

caymaniac:
Wondering?

I generally move posts to where people will get more answers to their questions, or where they will have the widest audience for their information. However, if I do that, there is ALWAYS a redirect that takes the reader to the current location of the thread.

Meanwhile, if you could tell me to which specific thread you are referring, we can sort this out.

Thanks,

SubMariner:
I generally move posts to where people will get more answers to their questions, or where they will have the widest audience for their information. However, if I do that, there is ALWAYS a redirect that takes the reader to the current location of the thread.

Meanwhile, if you could tell me to which specific thread you are referring, we can sort this out.

Thanks,

I understand what you did but I'm not sure about your idea. Then will you take any "cruise" poster and redirect their post to the Caribbean? I liked your idea of having the liveaboards on it's own thread. I've noticed that there were more liveaboard threads at this site than ever before and, I could read post about Indonesia or Australia or the Caribbean that I might not normally look at if the post were moved to specific locations.
Thanks for listening, no matter what ... I still love this web site.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

caymaniac:
I understand what you did but I'm not sure about your idea. Then will you take any "cruise" poster and redirect their post to the Caribbean? I liked your idea of having the liveaboards on it's own thread.

Nope; a thread usually winds up where it will get the most responses. Sometimes that's in a general geographic travel area, sometimes it's in a local dive club. For example, an inquiry on a trip to the Caribbean will be there, while one on diving in the Keys will be in the Fl Conch section.

I've noticed that there were more liveaboard threads at this site than ever before and, I could read post about Indonesia or Australia or the Caribbean that I might not normally look at if the post were moved to specific locations.

Yes, there are pros & cons to each line of logic. I think we'll keep an eye on both to see which works best :wink:

Thanks for listening, no matter what ... I still love this web site.
And we appreciate your pariticpation & feedback.

Thanks,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom