Where is WreckWriter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetDoc once bubbled...

You have the freedom to post your opinions (including YOUR opinion of what the truth is) on this board.

...except when mods or admins remove posts that discuss meta issues (members being banned, etc.)

I can count the number of "banned members" on one hand. They all violated the TOS and had to go. I don't remember deleting any posts that had to do with banned members, but I am sure that others have (and I may have even forgotten). If you feel a moderator is acting in an inappropriate manner... me included... PLEASE, PLEASE PM another moderator about it. None of us are perfect and I am probably the least perfect person on this board. I have admitted my multitude of mistakes (usually one at a time) and have apologized for them in the best way that I know how. I have even tried to make amends where possible. There is no way that I will be able to please everyone all of the time, and I am not competing in a popularity contest.

It is funny though... that for as many people who think that we moderate too heavily, there are just as many that think that we need to moderate even more. I speak for all the moderators when I say that individually and collectively, we try to do the best we can and be fair about it. I am not sure that you can ask any more from a volunteer than that. King Neptune and Lady Diver have spent a lot of time and money to make this happen. If you are that unhappy here, then try to change things peacefully or go try another forum. It's your choice... really!

THANK YOU NetDoc!

It was about time. :bounce: :balloon:

(In case ya'll missed it. Tom had been purposly trying to get banned for some time. He has no respect for this forum and was mocking us all.)

landlocked once bubbled...

(In case ya'll missed it. Tom had been purposly trying to get banned for some time. He has no respect for this forum and was mocking us all.)

Interesting you would say this considering he was helping this board not only as a regulator of it for awhile but he also helped this board by offering his books so that the founders of this board could get some funds.

I remember that one thread that got out of hand.

landlocked once bubbled...
THANK YOU NetDoc!

It was about time. :bounce: :balloon:

Sounds like unfounded speculation to me. I found value in WW's posts, sometimes I had to filter through the directness in his responses. But his opinion has (had) more weight with me than 99% of the BS based on hearsay, guess, fantasy and unsubstantiated assumptions that are thrown out by self purported experts.

WW's contributions to this board will be missed, I hope he reconsiders.

Pez de Diablo once bubbled...
WW's contributions to this board will be missed, I hope he reconsiders.
I like Tom... he is a good guy and a real diver... not just a Walter Mitty cyberdiver.

Hopefully I will get the chance to visit him in Florida some day and we can do some of his warm water weenie dives together... he couldn't handle it up here. :wink:

Went to Fla and met up with WW. Didn't get to dive with him but he is a great guy.

I will miss his directness and expertise, yeah he could get a little unruly, but can't we all... his contributions far outweighed his bs...

I did not suspend Tom to win popularity or to cheese anyone off. That being said, I did not want endless speculation as to who did what, and so I freely admit my actions. As for Tom's motive for his actions, you would need to ask him. As to if/when he will ever return, again you need to ask Tom. He is a big boy and can decide for himself. I do know that even though he refuses to sign on, he still reads the board. That's his choice, but you can be reasonably sure that he will be reading this thread. I have been one of Tom's biggest supporters on this board in the past and did not get any satisfaction from giving him some time out. When I met him in Key Largo last week, I even offered to open his account up again, and he pointedly refused my offer. I would rather build bridges than fences. He feels that I was "pissed off" at him and nothing could be further from the truth. I try not to moderate in threads that I participate in or members that I have disagreements with. He also repeatedly made the point that he did not want to be connected with Scubaboard. Again, that is his choice and not one for me to make.

Back
Top Bottom