Where to buy EMT shears at?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How about a medical supply store?

ZenDiver:
$10, $15....small price to pay to support your local dive shop

oh boy... are they a charity? a not-for-profit?

as far as i know, they are a business ... if they're not competitive, they're not getting my money

now, if you think you get value out of supporting your local dive shop, by all
means support them. i'm not saying you shouldn't.

i'm saying that i don't see any value in supporting my dive shop by engaging in consumer welfare

I go through these shears like every 3 months...i am not messing around with ordering them on-line to save 3 dollars...i goto my dive shop and I get them same day.....It cost me an extra $12 dollars per year and my dive shop takes care of me in other ways because I am a loyal customer.....sometimes I get a few top offs for free or a extra discount on something.....its all about relationships....

that's good... sounds like you have a good dive shop to work with

ZenDiver:
I go through these shears like every 3 months...
So when you say you "go through" them, what do you mean- the rivot looks like it will fall off so you chuck it, or does the rivot really fall off? At what point do you replace them?

i've had mine for close to two years... no problems yet ....

Yes...the pin rust right out.....sucks but at least they are cheap

The pair I've got now are from Scubatoys, (he's my not-so-local LDS) and the pin is rusted on the outside but seems to be still strong. The only reason I'm replacing them is the edge of the blade has rusted, so it's not very sharp.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom