where to buy equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've purchased alot of new gear in the last couple of months and purchased it all online. I feel better about spending money in this economy if I can shop smart. New Mares abyss 22 for $250 was the best buy, a 7mm wetsuit package for under $150 and great deal on dive computer ect. I checked out three dive shop in about 40 miles recently because I want to shop local but I was discouraged. They had almost no inventory. They had to order everything. I assume the internet is making it difficult for them but in the end I won't shop online to save 5% but the deals are much better than local and I get it quicker. You can even mail in regulators for service and get them back as quick as LDS. The thing is where to get air if not local. I have a dive shop in my town that basically only does air.

I buy my soft gear like Wetsuits and booties, masks which need to be a good fit to my face etc at a LDS IF the price is right as well. Getting proper fit is worth a few extra $'s.

Everything else was researched to death on the internet to find best "fit" for what I wanted and was prepared to pay.

Almost all else came from Dive Right in Scuba who's prices and also customer service are awesome!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom