Where to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba70

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
OK, I'll admit that I'm rather intrigued with these fins. I don't really know which one is right for me, and have no way of knowing other than reading what is on line. I'd love to try out a pair before deciding on a purchase. I can't seem to find a local dealer. Any suggestions on how to go about finding someone local?

Give Force Fins a call and they can tell you and even steer you in the right direction depending on what kind of fin you might like.
Also, you can PM me and I can give you my 2 cents on different ones.
I thought Jacksonville and Fayetteville would have dealers there.

I'm not a dealer, but I can get you in a pair to try for a couple of dives.

I make pilgrimages to the OBX fairly regularly and can bring a pair for you to play with, but with all the tropical storms messing the water up I am not sure when the next time I will be diving there.

Altnernately, and much sooner (like this Sunday even), we could meet half way at Lake Rawlings. I would be glad to bring an assortment for you to try. I see a couple of events coming up there, including DUI Dog days rally in October. Let me know and we can coordinate a time.

As for selecting a fin, have you read http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/force-fin/242266-new-forcefin-start-reading-here.html. If so what fin are you leaning towards?

Oh, by the way- the man himself, will be in DC this weekend for the DC dive show. its kind of a small show, but its the first year for this show. I will be hanging out with him at the ForceFin booth most of the day Friday and Saturday if you want to come up

scuba70,
That for your interest in Force Fins. Not sure exactly where you are in NC, but Divin Dawgs in New Bern NC has a variety of Force Fins and Tim said he would be willing to let you try a pair of his fins to see if you like them.

They are a great shop that know a lot about Force Fins and can be contacted by phone @ 252.638.3432 and by email divindawgs@embarqmail.com
Hope this helps and let us know how it works out!

I'm not a dealer, but I can get you in a pair to try for a couple of dives.

I make pilgrimages to the OBX fairly regularly and can bring a pair for you to play with, but with all the tropical storms messing the water up I am not sure when the next time I will be diving there.

Altnernately, and much sooner (like this Sunday even), we could meet half way at Lake Rawlings. I would be glad to bring an assortment for you to try. I see a couple of events coming up there, including DUI Dog days rally in October. Let me know and we can coordinate a time.

As for selecting a fin, have you read http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/force-fin/242266-new-forcefin-start-reading-here.html. If so what fin are you leaning towards?

Oh, by the way- the man himself, will be in DC this weekend for the DC dive show. its kind of a small show, but its the first year for this show. I will be hanging out with him at the ForceFin booth most of the day Friday and Saturday if you want to come up

Thanks for the offer, but unfortunately I have to work on Sunday. I was just at Rawlings this past weekend which is where I saw the fins in use. Maybe we can meet up there on another weekend. Send me a pm if you have any other dates.

scuba70,
That for your interest in Force Fins. Not sure exactly where you are in NC, but Divin Dawgs in New Bern NC has a variety of Force Fins and Tim said he would be willing to let you try a pair of his fins to see if you like them.

They are a great shop that know a lot about Force Fins and can be contacted by phone @ 252.638.3432 and by email divindawgs@embarqmail.com
Hope this helps and let us know how it works out!

Thanks for the info. I'm a couple hours away from New Bern so I'll try to find someone a little closer..

just let me know when, I can head down most weekends, just not the next 2 weekends.

Oct 17th-19th is the DUI Dog days, I wouldn't mind being there that weekend

Last edited:
We always give him a hard time about his 'little kiddie fins', but I work with an Instructor/Trainer who swears by them, as do many of his co-hort divers. He can be contacted through our website (bob davison - East Coast Diver LLC Home) We will be at Rawlings this weekend, but he stays a little more north and frequently dives Millbrook Quarry. Feel free to contact him with questions.

just let me know when, I can head down most weekends, just not the next 2 weekends.

Oct 17th-19th is the DUI Dog days, I wouldn't mind being there that weekend

I may actually be there then as well. I'll just be coming home from another trip so it's still up in the air a little. I'll let you know if I"m going or not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom