Where to carry my knife?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's only one place to carry a knife that size.... between your TEETH! :D

In all seriousness it's far too large to be useful for diving. The only place you can really attach it is on your lower leg, which makes it an automatic entanglement device as much as a cutting device.

R..

mostly tropicical waters on holidays, but would love to go out to the island as well. I just asked because they gave me this knife and I honestly had no idea what to do with it:idk:

When you go to these types of destinations in the caribbean such as Bonaire, Roatan, Cozumel, the Caymans, etc. etc., I can tell you what to do with it. Leave the damn thing at home. I don't know about other places you may dive but if it's to these types of places, that type of knife is useless. And if you're on a dive boat you'll hear the "Rambo" or "James Bond" types of comments. So spare yourself all of that.

I've logged over 500 dives in the tropical type places and not one time in all those dives have I ever needed a knife or any type of cutting tool. As a matter of fact, not one time I have ever even been in any type of group setting where someone needed a knife while underwater.

So if you are going to get some type of tool for diving, do as others have suggested and get a small pair of shears that can be easily tucked away. The chances of needing it are slim to none but it can give you some sense of security I guess.

I think you may have already touched on this but think about it. Why did they just give it to you? If they could readily sell them they would and not give them away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom