Where to dive in Bahamas? Late Oct-Nov..HELP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2Coconuts

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We normally dive Cozumel twice a year. We are looking to try something new. Bahamas are on our short list due to the resonable airline price. We are just not sure what island to stay on what are the best dive sites and are the dive sites a long boat ride? We also are wondering what the weather is like in late October to early November? We normally rent a house in Cozumel and would like to do the same where ever we decide to go. We stay away from the resorts. We also like to enjoy the local culture and food. Maybe do some sight seeing, not too crazy about crazy bars or that sort of thing. Although we are going to dive we would like to spend some time enjoying the beach and some topside activities. Any info you can provide on the islands would be appreciated. thanks

Harbour Island looks absolutely beautiful and being a little off the beaten path is just our speed....but all the rental houses we have found so far that can accomodate and appease everybody going are in the $3000/week range and up...that is a quite a bit more than we had in mind. I guess we are also a bit spoiled be several years of renting new, large, beautiful homes in Cozumel for somewhere around $1000/week.

Check out Andros Island, Bahamas - Small Hope Bay Lodge. It looks dated on the website but once you get there and spend half a day, you will take a deep breath of relief and relaxation!
My husband and I stayed there in February, it was very nice, very low key and relaxing. Amazing food!!! All inclusive 3 dives a day, long empty beach, trails to walk and streams to kayak. A wonderful staff all around, and a great dive staff. You can do any type of diving there - cave, blue hold, deep, wreck, shark, etc. You end up feeling literally like you are at home with a bunch of friends! For about a week of diving/food/lodging it runs about $2200. It's a quick 15 min flight from Nassau.
Hope that helps - an idea anyway :D

Although Small Hope Bay is not a house rental, you will not be dissapointed. They have been in business for 50 years this year and have a long history of exciting divers who have made thier start on Andros Island. Amazing wall dives, blue holes, reefs and coral caverns. Great beach cottages with a main lodge area. Dive staff is great ( I just finished cave training two of thier instructors this week). This place is low key, quiet, beautiful with great food and even better staff. I love this place!

Safe diving,

Brian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom