Where to dive in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pm3009

Reaction score
Hello

I am planning a trip in mid-July. It's the only time I can go because my son will be away for a week...so Mom is going to play!! Is mid-July the beginning of Hurricane season? Where would it be safe to go at that time? I know the ABC Islands are out of the Hurricane Belt, but I've already been diving in Aruba and Bonaire. Would mid-July be a bad time to go to Turks and Caicos? How about Cozumel?

Thanks, Pam

pm3009:
Hello

I am planning a trip in mid-July. It's the only time I can go because my son will be away for a week...so Mom is going to play!! Is mid-July the beginning of Hurricane season? Where would it be safe to go at that time? I know the ABC Islands are out of the Hurricane Belt, but I've already been diving in Aruba and Bonaire. Would mid-July be a bad time to go to Turks and Caicos? How about Cozumel?

Thanks, Pam

July is in hurricane season but storms at that time are very rare.. I wouldn't worry...

The highest probability would be the islands furthest east.. That being said.. I still visited PR last july.. The worse months are sept onward..

I like Travel or Trip insurance for any out of country trip, and the company I use covers cancelations for hurricanes. Wherever you go, this is a good idea...

What about Curacao to make it complete? You just have to have been there since you already went to the two others! :p Or else your diving history will have all the charm of a smile with a tooth missing. Hehehe, give it a try. The tropical Netherlands. :p
Anyway, just a suggestion. :p Happy diving. :wink:

Ramón.

In July...hmmmm.....let me see .......... I know ANYWHERE ! Seriously, Cozumel is great in July. Nice and hot ! So are the ABC's. Puerto Rico is really hot in July, but I like it like that. Oh ! oh ! oh ! I know !, Roatan !, @ Cocoveiw is a real winner. Just some easy to get to spots. Italy's west coast is also very beutiful, the Tuscany region to be exact.

Thank you for all of the suggestions!! I have thought about Curacao, but are there any beaches there or is it like Bonaire?
My girlfriend will be happier with real beaches.

And I agree about CocoView in Roatan. I dove there last Feb!!! AWESOME!!!

Thanks, Pam

I was across the channel from CCV in July 03, and it's not too hot. Rains a little, but not bad... :wink:

I went to the British Virgin Islands in Mid-August last year and the weather was fantastic... it was obviously the end of the season, which made for minimal waits to go diving. I had a blast!

was in bvi for july and besides a predicted storm that sent us into port (liveaboard) that turned into one day of rain there were about 2 showers durring the night. not bad

pm3009:
Thank you for all of the suggestions!! I have thought about Curacao, but are there any beaches there or is it like Bonaire?
My girlfriend will be happier with real beaches.

And I agree about CocoView in Roatan. I dove there last Feb!!! AWESOME!!!

Thanks, Pam

Curacao has a great beach, Mambo Beach. It is really happening. Music, good food, nice people. One big party. You miight see anything at Mambo Beach, :wink:

Back
Top Bottom