Where to Dive in Oklahoma?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey gang! I'm in Perry, Oklahoma and just moved back home from living 5 years in Austin, Texas. I got my OW in Canyon Lake and did most of my diving in Lake Travis and Aquarena Springs. I'm looking for dive buddies and am not at all averse to 2 foot vis...just as long as I'm breathing compressed air and playing with the fishies, I'm happy. I'm assuming that I'll be diving in my 3 mil all summer and that until summer my 3 mil won't be enough? Please feel free to PM me and maybe I can finagle, wheedle and just invite myself along on a dive day sometime?

Thanks all!

Angie

James,
I am in Lawton, how far from here is Broken Bow? I am new to diving, I start OWB April 16. Any suggestions on equipment, I hear Oceanic and Sherwood. Also know any one selling used or new for fair prices? The only one in town is Dive pros. If you know any one that would be a dive buddie for a newbie than send them my way.

Thanks,
Josh

Hi Josh! Have fun getting your open water--but beware...scuba is addictive and I'm sure a lot of folks will tell you that they are now junkies...grin...that first taste of compressed air and you're hooked for life. I can't recommend any specific brand as I don't know enough to be making judgment calls like that. What I will tell you is that "cool or pretty" shouldn't come into play at all. Comfort and ease of use are what's important. I dive with a scuba pro Lady Hawk BC, a Dacor Viper first and second stage reg, scuba pro twin jet fins and a Hydro Optix mask (which I love...you either love or hate it...or so I've read...) and Scuba Pro steel 67's.

That's another thing you should know...Scuba "toys" are addictive too. My LDS loves me because I always find just "one more thing" that I just have to have...LOL! My purchase this weekend was a digital camera and underwater housing that I'm going to use in Coz in three weeks. I'll post some photos if they turn out!

Good luck and let us know when you get that card!

Angie

Glad I found this thread!! I'm in Norman and my son and I are just getting our OW cert now. Good to find out about the tuesday dive nights as it will be a good place to practice before it warms up.
Another interesting place I've read about (sort of nearby) is clear springs scuba park in Terell Texas.
Josh, If you're in Lawton, you have Lake Elmer Thomas near you. My LDS said thats a favorite of his and goes to either Elmer Thomas or Murray every Sunday.

Trisha, Tablerock sounds interesting. I've seen the surface, but never considered what may be under it.

Probalby the best place to go would be the Beaver Lake Arknasas near the dam. My next choice would be Oronogo Missouri, but only if the diver is comfortable diving in deep and low visibllity. It tends to clear up at about the 80' mark, beyond that it clears up to about 40+. My last choice would be Tenkiller Lake at Talequah OK. If you go to the new scuba park you can expect 10' vis on a good day down to about 60' past that expect no ambient light and very low viz, because you will be in the river channel.

Well, we just bought 2 SP Mk2/190's with Uwatec Computers, a SP Knighthawk and a SP Equator BC. I guess we're comitted now, even though our certification dive is still a few weeks away (lol).
Planning a dive in Panama City Beach Florida in June but I guess we'll need to break in the equipment and get in some practice at either Beaver Lake or Oronogo in late May or early June.

EuphoriaII
I am trying to sale my Sea Doo so I can afford the equipment for diving. I am trying to get the Oceanic VEO250, oceanic Delta 3 SP2, Zeagle Ranger LTD w/ scubapro air2. around $1600 worth, so I better do it every day after i get my cert to make it worth the money. So if you are coming down to LETREA let me know and I will be sure to go....just as soon as I can sale my Sea Doo. Any one interested? 2000 Sea Doo GS 85hp (55mph) 2 seater w/cover, trailer, tube and 2 Sea Doo vests. asking $3500 OBO. Pass it around if you are close to Lawton, OK

$10 ? I'm going to shoot for that , "OBO" again. :)

Joe

Haha... very funny. But you are right I should of said no less than but hey cant shoot you for trying, or can I?

Back
Top Bottom