Where to dive in Southern Ontario?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wedivebc

CCR Instructor Trainer
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I will be visiting family in Whitby this June and will be able to bring my gear so I'm looking for suggestions of interesting dives. Something with a technical flavour is preferred but I'll dive anything.
So all you OFWFs let me know about your favorite dives.

Hi Dave,

There are tons of options for good dives in Southern Ontario. I work for a shop that runs charters to the Long Point region on Lake Erie. LOTS of really sweet wrecks in the 120 to 200 foot zone. Most of them are old wooden vessels, in really good shape. Check out this link for just a few of the wrecks in the area.

Lake Erie - Long Point Bay Dive Sites

Are you bringing your rebreather? If so, I know myself and my shop owner would be interested in chatting with you. We're both contemplating a move to CCR at some point in the future.

PM me if you want any specifics.

Jim

Brockville/Rockport area has some nice dives, the Jodrey being the premier site. Kingston/Picton also has some good dives available with lots of wooden wrecks mostly above 150' but a couple just below.

Brockville/Rockport area has some nice dives, the Jodrey being the premier site. Kingston/Picton also has some good dives available with lots of wooden wrecks mostly above 150' but a couple just below.

Who runs trips to the Jodrey?

Both Jeff and Wayne are excellent people...

Thousand Islands Scuba Diving Tours Rockport Brockville Kingston and Rockport Dive Centre

If you book with either of these guys (although I am no where near as qualified as you are) I would love tojoin you. I am currently limited to about 160' so wouldunderstand if you decide to pass on my invitation.

Hey if we can see most of the Jodrey at 160ft you got yourself a dive buddy.

Last edited:
So all you OFWFs let me know about your favorite dives.

One of the dives I've really enjoyed is deep drifts in the Brockville narrows. Bottom is in the 160 to 180 range with a 3+ knot current. Depending on where you start and finish you can do 1 to 3 wrecks, bottle scrounging, see big old anchors and come up along a stunning wall. Sturgeon sightings are not uncommon.

Rockport dive center also does drift dives in the Rockport area. They are fun as well. Depth can be almost anything you feel like doing.

There are a lot of dives that can be done in the Kingston area as well. There are lots of nice wrecks in the 100+ range like the Frontenac, Sheboygan and Katie Eccles.

I will be visiting family in Whitby.....

I live in the Whitby area, and while you are here, I will be diving on Vancouver Island!! I am out there about every other year visiting my family, and try to do a dive or two while there.

Enjoy! And you won't go wrong hooking up with any of the charters in the Kingston/Brockville areas, many cater the the tech crowd, so you will definately get what you want while here!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom