Where to dive in the winter months?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeff, don't let Netdoc taunt you...I pull out my 7mm suit here in the winter when it drops to 75, this year maybe even the drysuit if it's windy out.

I am only bringing a 3.5mm full suit the 1st week of Nov. I have alway wore m drysuit in the past. Should be in the upper 70's by then.

is that a Marine thing? I'm just askin'!

OK, funny. I set myself up for that one. Just to show you that I am OK with it, I will leave my drysuit at home and only bring a 3.5mm when I come down in a few weeks. Can't wait to eat at Taster's Grill in Tavernier!

I will still dive So Cal waters..

I am only bringing a 3.5mm full suit the 1st week of Nov. I have alway wore m drysuit in the past. Should be in the upper 70's by then.

Water temp has been dropping quickly. Just last week 85, today reports of 75-78. It should be in the mid 70s when you come down in early Nov.

I will still dive So Cal waters..

EEEkkk, I taught in SoCal for a couple years....way too many 53deg water days for me. The coldest winter water here is the same temp as the warmest water I ever dove in in SoCal.

Well keys are great but quick long weekend Florida spring country, private or owned springs,72 degF year round! crystal=gin clear water! before the crowds splash!
Devils den,Devils Den Springs Scuba Diving Resort
Blue Grotto,<<< Blue Grotto >>>
Thease springs are private and are mostly not screwed up by lack of rain or too much rain,thou they do go up or down with water conditions and a tip at any spring GO EARLY!
off season rocks as locals dont go out its too cold for the warm blooded Floridian's and hell they dont get out of bed till noon any hooo,
Now for some Florida State park springs -Florida has some of the best,clean,neat,cool and 5 star parks and some are springs you can dive but call park first many things can close them to diving, like too much rain,Manattees,and so on so call rangers will call back and update you and park fees are CHEAP but they are not the same for each park,make sure to have a dive pal and a C-card too!rates are posted much less than the private springs call or see web page for rates, but they are cheap and some most parks have rinse stations not realy needed for fresh water! and showers, picnic areas, a great way to stay up with skill's!
Fanning springs
Welcome to Florida State Parks
Manatee Springs state park,
Welcome to Florida State Parks
its not a bad ride down from us NE Wisconsin a 19 hr ride and were diving!

The springs/caverns/caves of N. Florida :)

The springs/caverns/caves of N. Florida :)

+1.

The few Florida state parks I have seen are well maintained.

Diving in Circleville Ohio Twin Quarries in 10 days. Hope my drysuit doesn't leak.

2 weeks after that going to N Fla. Countin' the days. Beautiful area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom