Where to go from Aruba? (Bonaire Solo?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pablosells

Reaction score
I am going to be in Aruba in late September/early October with my wife. We'll be doing some diving there but I plan to stay in the area a few weeks without her after she goes back home.

I was thinking about going to Bonaire but since I'll be travelling alone and most of the diving in Bonaire is shore diving I'm reconsidering it as a good destination.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? Is the diving good enough in Aruba to stay longer? Is Bonaire OK if you're traveling alone? Any other good places within reach of Aruba?

P

IMHO, on balance Aruba is the poorest diving of the ABCs and Curacao the best. I suggest looking into Habitat Curacao http://www.habitatcuracao.com/?/

Bonaire is shore diving central in the greater Caribbean, although there is boat diving as well. IMHO, shore diving solo is not a wise idea. Luckily, you should have no trouble hooking up other shore divers thru the dive op you will be using.

Do have fun.

DocVikingo

Back
Top Bottom