Where to go...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The first weekend in April I am off work which will be the last one until July and I want to go dive somewhere. I was just wondering if anyone has been to Tablerock Lake or to Mermet Springs lately. I would like to get an idea of the conditions. I am leaning twards Tablerock since it is a farther drive from St Louis, and I can make a whole weekend out of it. Mermet I can hit in a day if need be. I am driving my wife crazy with all the talk about wanting to get back into the water. I really need to get my drysuit diver so I can dive all year... Thanks in advance....

Phil

Last TRL update was just after the polar bear event which had vis between 5-15ft and temps at 44 degrees.

I had hoped to be in the water the first weekend of April or at least get out and see what conditions are, but that may not happen until the DUI event at Beaver Lake.

I am glad to see that there is somone else who cannot sleep in on the weekends... Or have you just not gone to bed yet?

Thanks for the update, I think that I am going to head down to Tablerock that weekend and check it out. I will certainly pass along what I run into...

Later
Phil

Damn I just hate working weekends!!! Thanks for the offer, but lucky for me my wife dives so I have almost always got a buddy (until she gets pregnant). I would love to do some diving with a few people from the board someday as well. I am hoping that at the very least I will be able to make it to Project Aware this year, but we will have to see... Have a good one...

Phil

If you get down this way and hit Dewey Short (by the dam), you'll run into quite a few people off and on from the board. I was surprised just how many board members hit that area throughout the season. Bunch of crazies came down from up north (KC I think) mid-late October when the water was around 54 degrees at the surface. Wait, that's right, most of them were dry suit diving....wimps! (just jealous because I don't own one yet)

I may still tough it out and hit the water that weekend. I'm having a coniption fit due to having gone without diving for a couple of months.

That and I've got two missions this year.
1. hit a particular little cove to pull up some very expensive anchors
2. find out what the metal doors are at the 100ft depth straight off the stern of the boat at Jake's Point. Oh, and to find that silly vacuum cleaner again (on the way to the doors) and get a picture of it this time.

I have not been to Dewey short yet. I am pretty new to the sport, this is only my second year diving and I got to Tablerock a few times last year but never dove dewey short. I was actually out at the lake in Oct as well. I do not have a drysuit either, but my 7mm worked just fine. All though I would like to have a drysuit or at least take the class so I can rent one during the winter. I am lucky in the fact that my dad has a house down there and a boat, but unlucky because I work most weekends so getting down there can be tough.

The buddy that I am supposed to be going to the lake with was over at my house on Sun and we were talking about that first weekend in April, and his wife pointed out that it was easter weekend. So there is a pretty good chance that I will not be going down there now (so damn frustrating). We may just hit Mermet Springs on Sat. I guess we will have to see.

FYI,
Mermet is only open Saturday during their winter hours. They are also conductive to offering drysuit classes on request if they don't have much else going on. I think they charge about $150 for the drysuit class, which is relatively cheap compared to some other places. Temps there are around 45degrees.

Tom

b1gcountry:
FYI,
Mermet is only open Saturday during their winter hours. They are also conductive to offering drysuit classes on request if they don't have much else going on. I think they charge about $150 for the drysuit class, which is relatively cheap compared to some other places. Temps there are around 45degrees.

Tom

Thanks for the info, it is greatly appreciated...

Phil

I am seriously thinking of diving Dewey Short Saturday. Give me a PM if you really want to go and I may get even more serious. I'm tired of the quarry right now, I want to dive a lake again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom