where to go????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sylvie once bubbled...

I’ve never been to the Caribbean, but I hear that it’s also really hot and muggy in summer. Perhaps it depends on the island. Time difference is -6 hours.

Sylvie

Carribean weather is pretty nice all year (outside of storms of course.) I think high and low seasons have more to do with people escaping northern winters. It is somewhat hotter and muggier in the summer, mostly muggier is what I notice. Typically I get off the plane and hit the wall of heat and humidity and say "whoa", then within a couple hours I get changed and settled in and it feels just right. Does depend on island too, often there's winds that keep things nicer.

I'd personally avoid mountain biking at 2pm in August. As long as you're on a boat, underwater, or sitting on the beach drinking umbrella drinks (post dive of course!) no problem.

If you're talking July, especially late July, I'd keep in mind hurricane season.
Bonaire is out of the hurricane belt though.

Where are you located? This would have a lot to do on where we might suggest.

And how old are you? Certain minimums come into play for some travel.

I noticed that you posted elsewhere seeking "Cheap In Hawaii." How much can you each spend on trips? If your group is on a tight budget, and does not even have their own gear and training, that'll knock out a lot of possibilities.

If y'all have the time and money, Caribbean "hot and muggy" :tree: is nothing to worry about. In July, I flew from Texas to Roatan Island, Honduras to cool off. Indeed, after 3 or 4 dives a day, I'd start feeling a bit of a chill.

Tell us more, so we can give you bette answers, ok?

SubMariner once bubbled...
No offense, but Jamaica doesn't hold a candle to many places in the Caribbean, let alone the Red Sea.

Especially if done from a liveaboard. :thumb:

Actually I'd vote for Jamaica also. ( Been there four times. )

Send that group of 20 women to Hedonism!!

just a girl once bubbled...
We where thinking of Thailand or Bonaire, but all recomandations are welkom. We are from Holland!

Thanks a lot!

Just a girl:wink:

Dang! :embarr: You're from that lovely country I visited in 1988, about the size of the Texas Panhandle above Amarillo.

Book a flight to Orlando, do the Disney thing :mickey:, then a chartered bus to Key :tree: Largo - the best and safest place for beginners.

Yes, I'll meet you there to ensure you all have a good time!

:boogie: don

Hi Divers!

Thanks for all your suggestions. I'm really excited about all those great divespots.

Some answers to your suggestions:
My post for Hawaii was something to do on my own. Now I'm trying to organise a trip for 20 people, so the costs can't be to high. Australia will be to far away. We've been to the Red sea and we decided not to go there with the group, because of the heat in july and because the group likes to go out in the evening and want to do some small excursions (biking, hiking, jeeps etc.). We don't think Egypt can offer that.

Somebody else told me about Cozumel in Mexico and allso the Carribean sounds great. I think we will prefer Cozumel.

Now I have to find out if there is a diveschool, who can handle such a big group of beginners, while our group dousn't have a lot of experience. Some just have their OW certification, others have to start that course during our holliday.

So, any more suggestions are welcome!

If I was just going with the person I'm organising this trip with (so just the two of us), I wouldnt hasitate that much. But I think finding a place and reliable diving school for such a large group of beginners is a big responsibility...... So, I will go on searching. I've allso put my Cozumel question under the topic 'Mexico'.

Thanks and I hope to find out more!!!

Marleen

Actually, I have only dove in the Carribean (St. Maarten) once but it was a great diving experience.

I bet you can find dive shops on the internet that will give you all the information you are looking for as far as price and space restrants for groups.

Good luck and have a great time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom