Where to keep SPG on a dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to clip off my SPG to my left waist D ring but I robbed the clip for something else, so now I just have an SPG on a twenty something inch hose and I just slip it under my waist band of my BP/W. It actually works out fr me better that clipping it. It seems to be less clunky and I don't have to unclip anything, I just pull it out, look at it, and slide it right back under the waiststrap and keep diving.

I usually just tuck it back under my tank. If I am doing something that requires me to really monitor pressure and depth, I will hold it in my hand or let it dangle down under my left arm, where I can get it easily. I like to keep a close eye on my compass, so I use a wrist mount. I'm not a big fan of retractors. Besides, I like to be able to say that I can pull the info out of my a** when I really need it....:D

Do you dive with a backup? That save a dive kit won't help when you're at depth and your computer crashes :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PADI Rescue/DM 09100Z7445
Dr Dive/Wet Dream/Sea Cobra/Y-Knot

Diving is my passion...I live to dive!

So when a computer crashes, you can't think on your own? All the gas in your tank automatically vented?

So when a computer crashes, you can't think on your own? All the gas in your tank automatically vented?

I didn't mean it necessarily had to be a backup computer...but a backup SOMETHING. If you have a computer and then a backup SPG, perfect! If you have a primary and backup computer, perfect! All that I was trying to get across is I think it's important to have some kind of backup.

Why compound a problem by attempting to keep track of your gas remaining in your head when you can just grab your backup?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PADI Rescue/DM 09100Z7445
Dr Dive/Wet Dream/Sea Cobra/Y-Knot

Diving is my passion...I live to dive!

Back
Top Bottom