Where to live in Tampa?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reef

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
The wife and I are moving to Tampa. Over the next 3 weeks I have to find a place.

We are keeping our current house until the market comes back to life. The plan is to rent until we find the perfect place. Most likely an apartment or condo.

I'll be working a Tampa General Hospital. I don't mind a commute. Can anyone give me any advice where to look? Thanks...:)

If you could find a rental on Davis Island that would be prime. Good spot. There is also the area known as South Tampa and a spot called Hyde Park. Both are pretty close to the hospital. :)

Miss D is right. Those two areas are high end and very nice. The next best thing to stay close I think would be the Brandon area. It's east of down town about 5 miles or so and the area has a lot of nice apartment buildings as well as townhouses. There is also a new apartment complex on the east side of downtown that is very, very nice. It overlooks the port so the view isn't the best but the apartments themselves are sweet and brand new.

Westchase is also a very nice community. We have homes, condos, townhouses, like the other places I mentioned, along with that there's a grocery store and restaurants about. With Westchase though you'd have to go through the construction on 275, aaaaack.

Oh and if you need a realtor, let me know I know of a very good agency.

Just about anyplace in the area has traffic and road construction. I live in the north Tampa area myself. I agree that south tampa is nice and close to TGH, but you will have the heavy traffic there. I grew up in that area of the city and my heart will always be a south Tampa boy. Brandon or north Tampa would be my choices to look.

I was thinking of moving over to the Brandon area eventually (it's much closer to where I work than where I live now). It seems like most people here have a positive impression of Brandon--what about the traffic though? (I've heard it's hard to get in and out of). I've heard some good things about the housing and amenities available there, but then a person I work with said it was a "poorly planned" community. Thanks.

I don't think it is poorly planned. I just think they weren't ready for the boom of people trying to get out of the city. Hell I remember when SR 60 was 2 lanes and I 'm not that old. I don't have any real problems with traffic. It is just like everywhere else. It gets heavy then lightens up. I really like it over hear. I used to live right in the middle of Tampa and you couldn't get me to go back now.

well, that's reassuring. It seems to have a lot of things I want--close enough to downtown & other things so that you don't have to waste a huge amount of gas, far enough from the water that it's unlikely that you would have to evacuate.

I don't think it is poorly planned. I just think they weren't ready for the boom of people trying to get out of the city. Hell I remember when SR 60 was 2 lanes and I 'm not that old. I don't have any real problems with traffic. It is just like everywhere else. It gets heavy then lightens up. I really like it over hear. I used to live right in the middle of Tampa and you couldn't get me to go back now.

Yeah we are inland enough that we really don't have to worry much about evacuations or anything like that.

hey grd, ya your getting old... as for mary and i, the best place in brandon,is north of60.
life is so much easier on this side of the tracks so to speak..... there are lots of houses
for sale and rent. near my house and grd house also... you can get just about any direction
from are location...........good luck......m&m

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom