Where was your first OW dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cabo San Lucus. When I wasn't diving there was plenty else to do. It was wonderful!

My first was Lover's Point In Pacific Grove, CA. on the Monterey Peninsula. I didn't see anything but my instructor's fins.

I didn't even bother to read through this whole thread from 12/8/03. I'm sure I'm not the first one to post that location.

Open water dives where just of the reef of Ambegris Caye, Belize. I wouldn't change a thing as I have been back 3 times. Turneffe has the best diving.

My first two OW dives were at Cove 3 at Alki. It's a silty, largely uninteresting place, made more so by large classes as had been there the day I did it. My memory is primarily of hypothermia, as my rented drysuit leaked badly, and disorientation in the six or eight feet of viz we had. It was not a delightful experience, and I had warmed up enough to shiver a couple of hours later. I've dived Cove 3 a few times since for drills, but it's really not a great place to look for life unless you like herds of ratfish.

I did dive the site where I got certified yesterday. I've only been back there a couple of times in the last three years. It's also a silty and fairly uninteresting site, but we enlived it a bit with scooters yesterday!

Although I did my early diving in little old quarry and cleaning public swimming pools in the Chicago area, my first ocean dive was at Arrow Point, Catalina Island, on August 24, 1969. We do go back to it on occasion on the King Neptune and I still remember my first dive there as a shovelnose guitarfish swam past me on my descent.

My first two were at the Sunabe Seawall and my next two where at the Karama Islands. Both dive spots are located in Okinawa Japan. It was the begining of a great adventure that im incredibly enjoying!!!

My first was at a spot called Turtle Reef on the ocean side of Great Guana Cay, in the Abaco Islands of the Bahamas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom