Where was your first OW dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cozumel drift dive. First shark too. Nearly did the p-p dance when the DM gave me the shark sign ... until I saw it was a 5 ft. nurse. Still, very memorable!

Plan to take the kids there next year now that they are certified.

Himalaya Bay, Mexico, just this past October.

If things work out well, we're going back in May.

My Frist Dive (and only so far) was in the Azores, in the Island of Sao Miguel.. (in front of that island in the ocean.. ) All volcanic...

Attachments

• Sao Miguel.jpg
    Sao Miguel.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 44
1978 off the Coast Guard Station in Fire Island, NY. An aluminum 80 w/J valve, about 35# of lead, wet suit, no visibility to speak of, not much to see...but yes, I remember.

The jetties at Destin, Florida and of course I remember every second of that 15 minute first dive. Have gone back. Five years later my dive buddy, wife, became certified and I made a return trip for her certification dive

John Pennekamp coral reef state park, Key Largo, 1973, and still hooked.

First dive was on the Great Barrier Reef - how could I not be hooked??? Been back to Australia for many dives, but haven't made it back up to the top end of the reef again .... yet.

My first certified OW diver dive was Catalina Island in DR. Spectacular as I recall.

Capernwray - Northwest England.

Flooded quarry turned dive-loony-bin. Very busy but there are at least a few things to look at, plus there's a nice warm cafe to sit in between dives. I forced myself to rent a drysuit, which was a brilliant move.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom