Where was your first OW dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My previoous answer was where my first "Post Cert" dive was (Catalina Island, D.R.) but my first OW certification dive was near San Pedro de Marcoris.

OW checkout dives Nov./05 in St.Margaret's Bay at Paddy's Head, Nova Scotia. 1st post cert. dives at Vortex Spring, Fla. panhandle in Jan. 06. One cold, one warm.

My wife and I had our first OW dive on the outter reef on the Great Barrier Reef feb 2008. It was insane, and now we both want to dive all the time...

in S. California in 1980. Took several years off then started diving again in the Monterey area. Love it.

did all my OW cert dives at home in la jolla, CA cruising the top of the underwater canyon

Did my first Open Water shore dive at Veterans Park in So Cal. Next two Open Water dives to complete certification were on Catalina Island via The Mr.C dive boat out of San Pedro. The first site was the Rock Quarry, where there is a steep boulder field going down to over 100ft. We made our way down the side of this boulder wall seeing Blue Banded Gobi's, Tree Fish and a wild variety of Kelp Creatures. I remember sitting on the bottom when the rest of my class was doing drills and began to focus on this small opening in the Kelp. It was like a small tv screen which I could peer through and watch animals fly by. First a few Garabaldi, then a school of baitfish and Sargo. It was unbelievable, I will never forget that moment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom