Where was your first OW dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great idea for a thread. My first OW dive was Los Arcos, Puerto Vallarta. I'm still in love with the site and the town - hope to move there sooner rather than later. From the first, I knew I was hooked. That was in November and by January I was back down in PV again to do my Advanced. I haven't gone for more than two months without diving since then. Even considering I live in Wisconsin -- which is NOT the dive capitol of the world!!!! I'm leaving for Cozumel mid-May --- first trip there, and am SOOOO looking forward to it. Until then, my drysuit will have to do, cuz its still cold up here.

The Living Sea at Epcot center. Totally unreal dive. 6 Million gallon aquarium. Not sure if it counts as open water or not. But it was my first dive as a "certified" diver. Completely blew my mind.

Reading through some of the previous posts, it made me laugh. Some of you had really nice places to begin diving.

I began diving in commerce lake in Commerce Township MI. The check out dives were done on a 90-100 degree day. I remember roasting in a 7 mil farmer john.:coolingoff: Then we got into the water and I found out exactly what a thermocline was.:dropmouth:

The lake had vis of 5-10feet, there was a sunken boat, a few fish and that was about it.

My checkout dives were off Back Beach in Rockport, MA it was a decent location for training but not a whole heck of a lot to see (then again I was checking my SPG every 30 sec or so... :D) My first dives as a certified diver were in Boynton Beach, FL they were much better and I've been back multiple times

dive forever and I had similar experiences. Mine was in Clark Lake in Jackson County, MI.

Visibility was 10-15 feet and the water below the thermocline was 60ish.

Although I got to see two sunken boats (row boats mind you, not big boats) and an old bicycle...

Mine was in Cozumel, just in front of Blue Angel where I completed my referral. Class & Pool was a Bamboo Reef in San Francisco. I am taking my buddy to that same spot in early May to complete his OW. Hopefully Ramon is still a DM there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom