Where's the Rep?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sanjac

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I am wondering where the Aeris Rep is? I posted as far back as 26 April about issues I was having with the Elite T-3 ACI software. I posted it in the thread in which he released the software and, after no response for about a month, I posted it as a new topic to ensure the Aeris Rep(s) would see it. I never got any kind of response back.

On the other hand, I also have a Genesis dive computer, had some software issues with that also. The Genesis Rep was great! He walked me through some potential fixes for the problems, worked with the software engineers to come up with solutions, and got me back on track. Why can't Aeris be this helpful?

I love my Elite T-3, but it is very hard to recommend it to others when there is no decent support for the software end of it. If I just used the software to download the data to transfer it to my written dive log, it would be okay. But more and more divers depend on the dive software to track their dives. The software is becoming more important when selecting a dive computer - especially when the computers are basically the same (Aeris, Genesis, and Oceanic). It is too bad support is lacking for Aeris.

Jim

Thank you.

Dude were do you think Genesis got the answer from. They answer your question why would you need them to answer it a second time?

Dude were do you think Genesis got the answer from. They answer your question why would you need them to answer it a second time?
Because the Genesis software issues were different from the Aeris issues. Same basic software, but different enough to have different issues with different dive computers.

Hey sanjac I need you to clarify something before I say I am right or I have to apologize to you.

You said "Hello,

I just signed up on ScubaBoard and was looking through the posts. It appears this is where I can ask questions ab out Aeris items?

I have an Elite T3 and am using the Aeris Computer Interface 2.2.0, build 05.07.08. "

You were on the 2.2.2 beta thread and said you were using the older version of interface software and you posted after my post to someone on moving the database then I see you post moving aeris data files into the genesis software.

From what I can see they are working on the 2.2.0 version and the 2.2.2 may fix your problems you need to try it, Next thing my post was for moving oceanic into aeris and vice a versa not for the genesis software.

Reading you post you are all over the place on what you are doing and installing software, you installed a third party software you open the database. no wonder why you are having problem with the Microsoft Jet database engine and aeris and genesis can figure out if you are having a problem or user error.

Jim thanks for the post. I’ve worked for the last two days, but unfortunately I haven’t been able to duplicate your errors.

Note that to edit/add temperature or SI, you will need to click the save button (disk icon on the top center) after editing, or it will not save the changes. Also, I’ve printed the dive logs from several different clients, and they have printed fine. If you can send me your *.dlg file I’ll to figure out what is going on with it.

Thanks Ron

NCadiver - It doesn't really matter. I just know I had issues with two applications - GCI and ACI and I requested help. The Genesis rep helped for that one and now the Aeris rep is helping with this one. That is all that counts as far as I am concerned.

Ron, thank you for the response. Sure, I'll send my file. Can you provide an email address to send it to?

Jim

I read this post as the Aeris reps are AWOL and aren't answering questions. Which I can complain about too. I posted a question almost a year ago and no reply. If your going to be part of a forum, be part of it. If not then please remove yourself from the forum. I know it looks good to the general public to see your company name on a forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom