Where's the Rep?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You've got two reps here in the post in the last couple of days... and a whole community of users that have great insight and experience to add to the community. If you have specific needs that are not being addressed here, we have a toll free support line and a dedicated staff here to help.

You've got two reps here in the post in the last couple of days... and a whole community of users that have great insight and experience to add to the community. If you have specific needs that are not being addressed here, we have a toll free support line and a dedicated staff here to help.

Well one of the two reps never bothered to reply to my thread below this one... no one replied in fact. Like the other poster said, if you arent going to participate in this forum you might as well just leave it all together.

sanjac; from aeris answer and your statements ( I have an Elite T3 and am using the Aeris Computer Interface 2.2.0, build 05.07.08. ) and answers it sounds like user error is the problem with the software.
2.2.2 address the problems in 2.2.0 and if you are on the 2.2.2 beta thread then either your we not using 2.2.2 or you did not save the information, or your sharky program corrupted your database. If you give conflicting information how can they answer your question.

fredaroony did you change your battery thats in the manual to change it every year. Battery use a chemical reaction to create voltage. you did not give them any information to work with like the battery voltage how old the battery is,how are they suppose to give you an answer.

fredaroony did you change your battery thats in the manual to change it every year. Battery use a chemical reaction to create voltage. you did not give them any information to work with like the battery voltage how old the battery is,how are they suppose to give you an answer.

No I havent changed it yet and wasnt aware that I was supposed to change it every year as I dont see it anywhere in the manual.

They could have AT LEAST responded and asked for more information. It was quite clear what I was asking. I did say the unit is about a year old....

Forgive me for beating a soon to be dead horse, please, but why do you not call the company if you don't get an answer in what you consider a reasonable amount of time? We do live in the age of cheap or free long distance, and Aeris/Oceanic, as Doug points out, has a toll-free number to boot? Instead of getting annoyed and hateful, why not call them?

Or am I just being a troglodyte for thinking that the computer is NOT the only way to get issues resolved and questions answered?

Originally Posted by NCadiver
sanjac; from aeris answer and your statements ( I have an Elite T3 and am using the Aeris Computer Interface 2.2.0, build 05.07.08. ) and answers it sounds like user error is the problem with the software.
2.2.2 address the problems in 2.2.0 and if you are on the 2.2.2 beta thread then either your we not using 2.2.2 or you did not save the information, or your sharky program corrupted your database. If you give conflicting information how can they answer your question.

NCadiver,

I originally posted when using 2.2.0 ACI software. In a later post, I explained I moved to 2.2.2b and still had problems - one of the issues was resolved with 2.2.2b, but not the others. I outlined the problems. These posts were two-fold in mission. First, I was hoping someone could shed light on and maybe fix the issues I was incurring. Second, I wanted Aeris to know of the issues in case there were bugs in the software that they could fix - both in the "final" 2.2.0 software, and the "beta" 2.2.2 (which still sometimes has bugs in "beta" versions) - all the more reason to post any apparent bugs in the software application. I also tried to be as elaborate as possible with the detail so the software engineers could track down those same bugs using the same environment. I had the same issues on a second computer that had nothing installed but the system OS and the ACI software, so the "sharky" program didn't affect the ACI software on the second computer.

Not sure how it is "user error" - I update a field, then save. Go to another dive entry, then back and the updates I entered didn't update. Not sure how else I am supposed to enter data. In the Genesis application, it was a database issue, not user error. Maybe it is the same for this Aeris one. I will be sending in my data file to see if it is indeed corrupted.

I appreciate your thoughts on this matter.

Last edited:
Forgive me for beating a soon to be dead horse, please, but why do you not call the company if you don't get an answer in what you consider a reasonable amount of time? We do live in the age of cheap or free long distance, and Aeris/Oceanic, as Doug points out, has a toll-free number to boot? Instead of getting annoyed and hateful, why not call them?

Or am I just being a troglodyte for thinking that the computer is NOT the only way to get issues resolved and questions answered?
LaCroix42, I am currently deployed overseas and it is not always easy to call a company, especially with an 800 number that may be limited to calls initiated from within the U.S. This forum is the easiest for me to contact the company reps. I am glad they have provided this medium as an alternate way of resolving our issues. My point was that if they do provide this forum as a source for help and information, they should be monitoring it and jumping in as needed. And I have been contacted by the reps, so I am happy and am working on answers to my issues.

We can let sanjac slide on the toll free number. LaCroix42 you are correct on the other two guys.
And I await Aeris reply to you data file.

We can let sanjac slide on the toll free number. LaCroix42 you are correct on the other two guys.
And I await Aeris reply to you data file.

I am in the same boat as far as the toll free number as I live in Australia.... so you can let me slide too! There is only a distributor here and I'd rather get the answer directly from the manufacturer.

This is a forum for asking the manufacturer questions directly right? It says right above "AERIS Come and meet your AERIS reps here on ScubaBoard. Ask any question about their products. This is an AERIS only forum.".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom