Which all-inclusive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you don't mind staying way down South, we stayed at the Occidental Grand a few years ago, it we very nice. The food was good (several years ago, can't speak for it now), the rooms were huge, with both a tub and shower, good for rinsing equip. The grounds are beautuful, 2 pools; one by the beach.

Blue Angel is almost All-inclusive now, you get breakfast and lunch included on dive days and I think one dinner if you dive at least 5 days, something like that.

Another vote for Scuba Club Cozumel. Unlimited shore diving + good food + friendly staff + excellent dive guides + close to downtown + a place for divers, not party animals.

We got to Cozumel to dive. I can eat at fine restaurants at home. It's so convenient having all your meals available at the hotel - no wasted dive time! :)

Lots of pictures & trip reports by clicking on the webpage link below.

Another vote for SCC. I've stayed at Hotel Cozumel and Caribe Blu and enjoyed both at the time. But I'm spoiled, older and tired now and I want to be pampered. :)

Hotel Cozumel is a budget friendly choice since they always have deals and specials, rooms are nice and the giant pool is wonderful. Food was just okay. However, I found that the all inclusive aspect (includes alcoholic drinks) led to putting up with a lot of loud drunken idiots, which was really irritating when trying to relax at the beach club after a dive, or get to bed at a decent hour. Also, they typically had loud music playing by the pool all day and most of the evening, which made napping impossible.

Caribe Blu was great--nice rooms, great views, I never dove with Blue Angel but I think they offer great hotel/dive packages if you book with them. Cons were that climbing stairs several times a day got really old (there are 5 floors) plus I had to go out for dinners which is hard when exhausted from a day of diving.

We just got back from 10 nights at SCC and enjoyed it there. Our plan included 3 meals a day, but they have a "light" package that includes breakfast and lunch only. We only went out to dinner once, on our last night--we were just too tired and lazy to venture out much. Drinks aren't included except coffee, tea, juices, etc at breakfast. Sodas, tea, etc, are charged at lunch and dinner. It was very peaceful, great service, really good food, nice rooms with a fridge, grocery only a 5 minute walk.....very easy to get spoiled here. The best part is they cater to divers, meals are timed around the dive schedule, there are 2 sets of rinse tanks and lockers--by the dive shop and over by the shore dive entry. If you do a night dive from the boat, they wait dinner on you. We had some very nice dives and really enjoyed being able to shore dive out front. The shore dive is surprisingly good--tons of critters, especially at night. They posted a summer special on their website that we were able to take advantage of so you might check into that for next year. I guess the only con I can think of is having to schlep gear to/from the boat every morning and afternoon, which got old for me--they should provide wheelbarrows for us weaklings. :)

Good luck with your decision!

Yeah if I wasnt married I would so do SCC and do 5+ dives a day lol!

I have no idea about the price differences because i have only stayed at one of the AI's, but i think very highly of Cozumel Palace. Excellent food, easy access to town (short walk), great resort as a whole. The best part is you can dive with whoever you want because the on-site dive shop is awful (i have been told did not use them personally). Just to reiterate, i do not know the price differences between the resorts so this may be out of your range.

Another vote for SCC. I've stayed at Hotel Cozumel and Caribe Blu and enjoyed both at the time. But I'm spoiled, older and tired now and I want to be pampered. :)

Hotel Cozumel is a budget friendly choice since they always have deals and specials, rooms are nice and the giant pool is wonderful. Food was just okay. However, I found that the all inclusive aspect (includes alcoholic drinks) led to putting up with a lot of loud drunken idiots, which was really irritating when trying to relax at the beach club after a dive, or get to bed at a decent hour. Also, they typically had loud music playing by the pool all day and most of the evening, which made napping impossible.

We have never had a problem with "drunks" or noise in all the years we have been staying there, in fact my husband has taken a many a nap around the pool :)
The show at night is usually over by 9:30 and all is quiet after that. We just checked prices for September and the difference between all inclusive and non was $15.00 per person per day...this is a no brainer to us...breakfast, lunch drinks, or a dessert will make it well worth the extra. For dinner we usually go out and come back for a late dessert.

I've stayed at all the places you've mentioned at some point in my many years of diving there, but after I stayed at SCC a couple of times, I keep going back. Most the people you meet there are repeat customers.

I'd guess by your screen name that you might be taking pictures. The area just in front of SCC is "Cozumel muck" at its finest...the best shore diving I've seen on the island, and with free unlimited shore diving you can spend a lot of time there getting great shots when you're not doing the boat dives. Great for night dives too!

The meals are timed around the diving. Breakfast and lunch waiting for you before and after the morning dives. If you like eating in town you can go with the 'lite' plan that excludes dinner. The prices and food is so good at SCC you will want to eat there for dinner at least a couple of nights. Make sure you try the Bananas Foster or the Mayan coffee. I have favorite restaurants in town too, but all of them have gotten so expensive, staying any place that doesn't include meals is just no bargain anymore.

I haven't done a trip report in a while, but here's one from several years ago you might enjoy: Cozumel Diving Trip Report - Scuba Club Cozumel, March 2008

Where ever you decide to stay, enjoy your trip!

Bonnie

Caribe Blu was great--nice rooms, great views, I never dove with Blue Angel but I think they offer great hotel/dive packages if you book with them. Cons were that climbing stairs several times a day got really old (there are 5 floors) plus I had to go out for dinners which is hard when exhausted from a day of diving.

Two corrections. Blue Angel (formerly Caribe Blu) has 4 floors, not 5, and there is an excellent restaurant on the premises.

We have never had a problem with "drunks" or noise in all the years we have been staying there, in fact my husband has taken a many a nap around the pool :)
The show at night is usually over by 9:30 and all is quiet after that. We just checked prices for September and the difference between all inclusive and non was $15.00 per person per day...this is a no brainer to us...breakfast, lunch drinks, or a dessert will make it well worth the extra. For dinner we usually go out and come back for a late dessert.

check orbitz, the ai is $16 per night for 2 people not per person !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom