Which BCD for a Girl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I guess some information about her measurements and the dive environment would be useful.
She is of Asian origin, about 5’4” tall; weight around 120 lbs, she is a bit bulky, her chest (breast) size is something like B or C, in crude mans English she has a small handful.
She just got certified recently, and she has only used rental BCD’s, which means the normal thing you rent in a dive resort, she says that she gets different BCD’s each time she is in the water and that the fit tends to be “loose”, it could be the BCD’s are one size too large I do actually not know.
We dive exclusively in tropic waters, she use a 2 mm farmer Jane with a 0.5 mm rash guard.
Hope this spread some light over the scenario.

Ok, I'm the same height and about 10 lbs heavier. Same size bra cup too it seems. I used a rental when I got certified 5 years ago and I really hate the jacket style. Squished me in places that shouldn't be squeezed...ummm, at least not by clothing :D. But I digress.

I then bought a Ladyhawk and liked it well enough. Until one day when I tried my husband's Halcyon BP/W. I sold everything and went dark side. I LOVE my BP/W. IT is comfortable in the water. I don't even feel it and it certainly helps maintain a perfect horizontal trim. It looks very sexy. This is the same BC that Jessica Alba wore in the movie Into the Blue. Not that it matters. I just always feel the need to mention it :wink:

This is the same BC that Jessica Alba wore in the movie Into the Blue. Not that it matters.
It certainly does matter--in fact, this is the reason that I bought one for my fiancee. If I squint a little, she looks just like Jessica when she wears it. Well, she would, if she dived, but even around the house it's pretty close. If I squint. :D

It certainly does matter--in fact, this is the reason that I bought one for my fiancee. If I squint a little, she looks just like Jessica when she wears it. Well, she would, if she dived, but even around the house it's pretty close. If I squint. :D

LMAO :rofl3:

I then bought a Ladyhawk and liked it well enough. Until one day when I tried my husband's Halcyon BP/W. I sold everything and went dark side. I LOVE my BP/W. IT is comfortable in the water. I don't even feel it and it certainly helps maintain a perfect horizontal trim. It looks very sexy. This is the same BC that Jessica Alba wore in the movie Into the Blue. Not that it matters. I just always feel the need to mention it :wink:

I bought my wife a Halcyon BP/W, and she likes it too.Me paying for the "H" tax helped too, may be?
Actually, I was watching Into the Blue a couple of hrs ago. If only I had known this kind of thread was running, I would have looked harder.

MMM, your post reminded me my wife isn't exactly Jessica, even with her BC, even if I squint,,,
:eyebrow:

Ouch!! Stop kicking!
:surrender:

Last edited:
I'm going to burst everyone's bubble...apparently, it wasn't really Jessica diving in the film. Or so I was recently told by an OmerSub rep. The Omersub Ice fins used in that movie were the first piece of dive gear I ever wanted just because of how they look. Never paid attention to the BC. Or Jessica. But those now discontinued beautiful free dive fins...

The biggest problem I have with most men's BCs is that the sternum strap creates a unibreast if I don't leave it open. I recently tried on the Zeagle Lazer and it sure felt good. Haven't tried it in the water though.

Hmm...I don't recall any details about Jessica's dive gears in that movie. MUST. SEE. IT. AGAIN.:eyebrow:

I actually bought a PX3/Zeta off ebay after seeing that movie, but I'm only sure about the Zeta; MUST. SEE. IT. AGAIN. :)

i am 5' 4 and weight 115lbs and have the zeagle zena, which i LOVE! it is definitely designed for a woman, and can adjust at the hips and shoulders for better fit. you can get the front panel in a different size than the back in order to make it fit perfectly. i certified in rental bc's--cumberbund style--and i will neverrrr go back!
plus it's a good travel bc, since there's no backplate. :)
haha, i just realized i just sounded like a total advertisement for zeagle. but it's a great BC! :)

i hope this helps scubajo.

i am 5' 4 and weight 115lbs and have the zeagle zena, which i LOVE! it is definitely designed for a woman, and can adjust at the hips and shoulders for better fit. you can get the front panel in a different size than the back in order to make it fit perfectly. i certified in rental bc's--cumberbund style--and i will neverrrr go back!
plus it's a good travel bc, since there's no backplate. :)
haha, i just realized i just sounded like a total advertisement for zeagle. but it's a great BC! :)

Why would you think that backplate is not good fro traveling? A BP/W actually takes up less space than the bulky BCs with the unnecessary vest and huge pockets.

i meant a recreational bc that has a backplate, maybe not the tech bp/w you're thinking of. sorry for the confusion.

Back
Top Bottom