Which BCD for a Girl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get her to try some different brands on. I tend to disagree with those that say the mens/women's models aren't much different. That was true about 10-15 years ago but today they are different. I was just trying on the Zeagle stiletto and lazer (stiletto is mens version, lazer is female version). There was a distinct difference in the shoulder straps and the angle and the lazer definitely was a better fit for a women with curves (read a b cup or larger). I can dive with the stiletto and have, but I tried on the lazer and the fit was much nicer.

I've dived Scubapro Ladyhawk and really liked it. I've dived women's bcds that are jacket style and they fit better than the mens, but I will never go back to a jacket style! I like the back inflate like the ladyhawk and lazer--just much more comfortable. That's probably why lots of women go with the backplate and wings.

Hope she finds a good fit. Lots of ladies like the zeagle zena because of all the adjustment points!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom