Which camera bag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DXHI

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for a backpack style bag to hold camera gear and be able to fit in the carry on +one extra...bag sections of aeroplane

I really love my Think Tank Airport Commuter. I've taken it on many trips and it doesn't yet show any wear. It carries all my UW photo gear, plus my laptop and my iPad, and it has room for misc. extras that come in handy on a trip.

Airport Commuter™

It would probably be worth it to research the limits imposed by individual airlines. Airlines show a remarkable variation in enforcement of these policies but they can be real sticklers. The class you will be flying in and your destination can impact your allowances.
I think they restrict personal items to what can fit under the seat in front of you. Carry-on goes in the overhead bin, but published sizes might not fit, depending on the type of aircraft you are traveling on. In that case they'll check it at the gate and put it in the hold. Probably not what you'd want with camera equipment.

i bought bag and wont be using it.. if you pay for shipping it's yours..

upload_2020-9-22_17-13-59.png upload_2020-9-22_17-13-59.png

upload_2020-9-22_17-13-59.png

Depends on how much gear you need to carry - I’m a big fan of F-Stop bags and their ICU (internal camera units) blocks. I have them in three sizes (older models), two of which are fully ‘carry on legal’. Weight is generally the issue, if anything. I actually use one ICU for camera stuff and the other to carry my regs. Each can be removed individually and has a small handle, and can be called a ‘personal item’ which reduces the bag weight to something more acceptable.

Think Tank Streetwalker Hard drive - carries a full m43 system in Nauticam housing - 170mm dome, 100mm mini dome - macro port - two INON Z-240, camera bodies and lenses for listed ports will fit under the seat any plane and in overhead lockers of all but very small commuter jets. Extremely well made bag still in great shape after 10 years of use with heavy loads and lots of trips. Strobe arms are in the dive gear bag.

Back
Top Bottom