Which Drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AtomicZ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Alright, so I'm looking for a drysuit and I have narrowed it down to these: Pinnacle Evolution 2, Dive Rite 905 Front Zip, Santi Enduro, or DUI TLS350. I'm obviously looking for a trilam suit so I'd like to hear people's experiences and opinions with any of these!

If you are looking at the Pinnacle Evolution 2 you should also consider the DUI CLX450 which is made of the same material as the Pinnacle, Cordura...

MG

Get a BARE.

I know you have narrowed it down to a few choices but try a Whites Fusion...I have been researching and trying on suit for quite some time, its the best fitting suit I could find with the most mobility.

Good luck

And which BARE suit would you recommend and why? Also, with regards to the White's Fusion, how rugged are they?

And which BARE suit would you recommend and why? Also, with regards to the White's Fusion, how rugged are they?

They are surprisingly rugged. I've got about 45 dives on mine in Lake Erie (zebra mussel HQ) and it looks brand new. Check out reviews by Rick Inman on his advanced Wreck penetration class in his fusion, TS&M doing her cave classes in hers, and the grand daddy of all fusion reviews by fdog. I think he said he's got 300 plus dives on his with zero problems.

The Fusions are outstanding! Extremely flexible and lightweight. You wont find a suit close to that price that fits like it does. It feels like a custom fit suit. Its pretty durable so far, I know some divers with over 100 dives and not a single issue with it. In contrast, the Evo 2 by Pinnacle is tough as nails, you get alot more for your money with this suit compared to comparable DUIs....Case in point an above post...made of the same material, but whats the cost difference? Also, seals on the DUIs are very very thin and rip/tear very easy...Pinnacle and Whites are more durable and hold up alot better. Not to take anything from DUI, they are very nice suits, but there are alot of suits equally as nice for half the price.

I got a Santi Enduro and have used it close to a year now and can realy recomend it.
Never had any leaks or any other trouble as the suit was perfect out of the box.

I had it m2m but im pretty close to standard L size so I could have gone with that, but at the time I ordered it it was the same price. The suit fitted very nicley and it was obvious that they had followed my measurements (I had taken them my self as there was no dealers for santi where I live, I got some help from my gf to get the best measurements I could following their instructions). they added as they said they would enough room to wear thick undergarments which I discovered when I bought their 400g undersuit later. with the thick undersuit on its pretty tight fitt and leaves little room for air to gather while still allowing for good manuverability. I am however not sure if I have room for a weezle extreme + undersuit without compressing it.

on land the suit can feel a bit baggy around the legs due to them putting in a little bit extra fabric around the knees so they will bend without stretching the fabric under water (so you can have nice trim).

I have pretty much abused the suit as I have been diving alot from rocky shores and it shows no signs of wear yet besides some rust and oil stains from wrecks.

I have currently sent back my suit to santi to change from 3mm neoprene boots to their new flex sole system which will hopefully give me a bit better manuverability in the ankles compared to the more rigid 3mm neoprene boots (which was fine but I always wanted turbosoles and this is as close as I get). it was a pretty inexpensive deal which cost me about 220 dollars including shipping so for me it was a no brainer. in my defence for getting it done now is that they didnt have the flex sole system when I ordered my suit.

If you are into rugged the Pinnacles Evolution II is hands down the best for it's price and quality...

I have the DUI TLS360. Only two things to consider if you want the DUI, cost and fit. Someone mentioned the seals on the DUI being very thin. Yeah, but I've yet to tear mine any more than my friend's Bare. Besides, I find them very comfortable. They are durable enough, just be consious of your seals when your putting on and taking off your suit.

The point is almost all manufactors make good quality suits. That said, I don't care what suit you choose, fit is the most important consideration. Let me repeat that - fit is the MOST important consideration. If your not comfy, you won't like it. I absolutely love my suit. I don't dive anywhere without it. My only lament is that I should have had it custom fit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom