Which manufacturers will sell me parts kits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anony

Registered
Reaction score
I have serviced ~20 regs since I started diving a year ago, and I LOVE it. I love everything about it, from gently removing that last bit of corrosion to adjusting the second stages with the old tank in my garage. I show my work to reg techs, and even got a job offer! But for the majority of my gear, I cant buy parts.

I have to scrounge in the broken parts bin at various scuba shops and sporting goods stores, and flea markets, borrowing good parts from regs so that I can replace anything that needs it, or beg the reg techs an hour away to order them for me (My lds wont do it :/)

All my personal regs are Apollo which will grudgingly send me parts, this seems to be something of an embarassment to some companies and I understand why, but it is frustrating to be told that I cant buy parts because I -might- not be capable.

I want to buy regs from a company that will send me the parts I need to work on them.
I want your regs, who are you?
If you are afraid to mention it on scubaboard, you can PM me, or email me at onlinehost4@hotmail.com

I believe Zeagle will supply kit's too.

Zeagle @ zeagleexpress.com . They'll even sell you parts you don't often need seperately.

I expect that none of the manufacturers will sell you parts directly. They have dealers who handle all transactions with consumers. However, if you find a dealer that is a little more progressive, you should be able to convince them to sell you repair kits. To my knowledge, NO manufacturer expressly prohibits the resale of their repair kits. Dealers make those decisions, and I freely recognize that many of them make the decision to NOT retail the parts.

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

I have serviced ~20 regs since I started diving a year ago, and I LOVE it. I love everything about it, from gently removing that last bit of corrosion to adjusting the second stages with the old tank in my garage. I show my work to reg techs, and even got a job offer! But for the majority of my gear, I cant buy parts.

I have to scrounge in the broken parts bin at various scuba shops and sporting goods stores, and flea markets, borrowing good parts from regs so that I can replace anything that needs it, or beg the reg techs an hour away to order them for me (My lds wont do it :/)

All my personal regs are Apollo which will grudgingly send me parts, this seems to be something of an embarassment to some companies and I understand why, but it is frustrating to be told that I cant buy parts because I -might- not be capable.

I want to buy regs from a company that will send me the parts I need to work on them.
I want your regs, who are you?
If you are afraid to mention it on scubaboard, you can PM me, or email me at onlinehost4@hotmail.com

I expect that none of the manufacturers will sell you parts directly. They have dealers who handle all transactions with consumers. However, if you find a dealer that is a little more progressive, you should be able to convince them to sell you repair kits. To my knowledge, NO manufacturer expressly prohibits the resale of their repair kits. Dealers make those decisions, and I freely recognize that many of them make the decision to NOT retail the parts.

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

Thanks for the information,
and thank you all for the quick replies.

Back
Top Bottom