Which resort best meets our needs??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

browntrout

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We were lucky enough to get to Cozumel for one day of diving with Aldora last March on our trip to Akumal. Loved the island and diving so my wife and I are going to pull the trigger on a late summer early fall trip within the next few days.

We going to do 4-5 nights 3 days diving. We are new divers and want to be able to get in a few shore dive while there. We will be using taxi's for transportation. My first inclination was Aldora becasue of the great experience, but I'm a little concerned about the location of Aldora Villas and having the dive operation in a separate location than our rooms. We are also looking at Blue Angel and Scuba Club Cozumel. We don't need luxury accomodations, just a nice clean room with a bar, restaurant, a pool and nice area to snorkel and shore dive. Any input on these three or others I may have missed?

We were lucky enough to get to Cozumel for one day of diving with Aldora last March on our trip to Akumal. Loved the island and diving so my wife and I are going to pull the trigger on a late summer early fall trip within the next few days.

We going to do 4-5 nights 3 days diving. We are new divers and want to be able to get in a few shore dive while there. We will be using taxi's for transportation. My first inclination was Aldora becasue of the great experience, but I'm a little concerned about the location of Aldora Villas and having the dive operation in a separate location than our rooms. We are also looking at Blue Angel and Scuba Club Cozumel. We don't need luxury accomodations, just a nice clean room with a bar, restaurant, a pool and nice area to snorkel and shore dive. Any input on these three or others I may have missed?

Scuba Club has nice rooms, excellent shore diving, and a dive op on site. Also included are the meals (food was okay, not the best we ever had in Cozumel though). To us, the best dives we did on the island this past March, were the shore dives in front of Scuba Club.... just walk right down some stairs into the water and swim around all types of rubble - tons of fish, tons of eels, octopus, you name it. Great place for night shore diving also! :D

My vote is for Blue Angel. Small boutique hotel, ocean view from all rooms. Now serving dinner as well as breakfast and lunch so no need to leave however the dining options in town are fantastic! would never consider an all AI resort. Dive shop on site and free shore diving. Check out tripadvisor reviews. New owners have made renovations and I am going next week to check them out!!! :D

Jean in MO

I would suggest Blue Angel out of the two you listed for the same reason as Jeancmo. All inclusive means you either miss out on a whole lot of really great restaurants around the island, or you feel stupid for paying for meals at the resort that you don't eat while you're out exploring! Plus the new owners seem like really great people. As far as diving and location goes, there's not a lot of difference between the two.

I also vote for Scuba Club. Although the wife & I have never stayed anywhere else. We see no reason to try to improve on a great thing. We've stayed there for the past 5 trips. :D

I appreciate all the responses it looks like Scuba Club offers a package without meals. That would be a must, getting out and trying different bars and restaurants is a big part of the experience. The 5 night package at Blue Angel is looking perfect!!

Back
Top Bottom