Which resort best meets our needs??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sharky60 - yes and no.........:wink::shakehead::coffee:

I wasn't all that impressed with the dive op at SCC. The boats are big and slow.....really slow. The DMs are okay, but nothing special. I didn't find them especially personable either though we have been told by others that groups do receive preferential treatment.
The shore diving was FANTASTIC though and the best part of the diving for us. :wink: It was good to see the reefs again (we haven't been to Coz since hurricane) but we found the shore diving at SCC was wonderful and a very critter rich environment.

We did find the breakfast and lunches good there at SCC with the usual stuff and a good value. However, we found the dinners to range from yuck to very good, with no particular rhyme or reason. Some food was waaaay underseasoned, some food was completely bland, some was such small portions that we went back to the room still hungry. Other items seemed to be good (we really liked the Beach Fiesta night food, fresh cooked on grill and unlimited choices) and several seafood dinner options were good. BUT, me and hubby are both serious "foodies" and eat very well here at home. (I love to cook and can prepare dishes from Indian to Italian to Middle Eastern to Mexican and Asian... so we set the bar pretty high when eating out.) So for us, the food at SCC was just okay. In our opinions, the best food we had all week was over on the Mainland at restaurants (read my trip report for details). On all our past trips to Cozumel (5 times) we have eaten out every meal and our favorite restaurants were Casa Denis downtown and Prima's.
That said, we might stay at SCC again if we go back to Coz, but we would venture downtown for dinners a few nights during the week. We loved the resort itself, the fantastic staff, the layout, the lockers down by the dock or pool area, the easy shore diving...

robin:D

We were lucky enough to get to Cozumel for one day of diving with Aldora last March on our trip to Akumal. Loved the island and diving so my wife and I are going to pull the trigger on a late summer early fall trip within the next few days.

We going to do 4-5 nights 3 days diving. We are new divers and want to be able to get in a few shore dive while there. We will be using taxi's for transportation. My first inclination was Aldora becasue of the great experience, but I'm a little concerned about the location of Aldora Villas and having the dive operation in a separate location than our rooms. We are also looking at Blue Angel and Scuba Club Cozumel. We don't need luxury accomodations, just a nice clean room with a bar, restaurant, a pool and nice area to snorkel and shore dive. Any input on these three or others I may have missed?
Just got back last week and stayed at Blue Angel, I'm telling ya, it was fantastic!!! Eva and Robert along with Jeanine are doing an incredible turnaround. You'll be very very happy to stay there!

You'll love it!!!

Stayed at SCC in October and loved it. You can check out my TripAdvisor review for details. We haven't stayed at Blue Angel yet, but have a trip booked there for the end of the month. Looking forward to trying a small resort in Cozumel. So far Jeanie has been very helpful!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom