Which Watch do you dive with ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raskas:
Hey everyone
Just wanting to know of the people on this forum who dive with a watch, what are you using ?. Im talking about a watch you can dive with ,not a watch intergrated with computer features.
Thanks for any input. Im in the market to buy a new watch and i need some valid opinions.

Thanks Cam
Mines cheap junk freestyle. I've been wearing it for 7 years, its beat up, but watertight and keeps the time, I guess it's pretty good.

Timex Ironman Triathlon w/DataLink. I love the stopwatch with splits.

Capt Jim Wyatt:
My Submariner flooded at 230fsw...Cost $650 to repair. :whiner:

Trade it in for a SeaDweller. Apart from the date being a bit smaller, and about double the service cost it's not dissimilar.

Citizen Eco-Drive.

Rated 200m, no battery (solar).

Analogue only watch, simple to read hands and a bezel timer.

I also wear it out of the water as a normal watch as its not THAT bulky.

bgbill:
That sucks, maybe I will start leaving mine on the boat.
Rolex submariner 287fsw no leaks. But did have a screw come loose inside many years ago $250 to open it up and reinstall the screw. Still goes with me on every dive.

What features do you want in a dive watch? Time? Elapsed time? Splits? Back-lit? Easy to press buttons? Depth rating? Chick magnet?

Timex 8-Lap Shock Resistant Ironman* Triathlon

Aside from the fact that the buttons are still a little difficult to operate in cold water with heavy gloves on, this watch will do everything you need except impress the ladies.

It tells time (duh?) in an easy to read digital format, provided you with elapsed times down to the seconds, is back-lit for those deep or night dives and is rated to 200 meters. It's also cheap enough to throw away if it breaks.

Steven

Sometimes I use an el cheapo Casio Illuminator. Usually, I leave the watch on the boat and just rely on my computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom