Which wing for Transpac?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.....I'm guessing from the the cleanup post that things got a bit messy.

A few points to consider
* We all dive
* We all own a TPII
* We all ride/have ridden/love bikes
* We are all lucky enough to be able to afford the above

So regardless of personal income, geography, personal equipment choices and experiences we have a lot in common. So can we save our strength for any BP&W debate that may follow :)

BTW - Wheezy, good pic

Wow, this got really out of hand! I didn't know that people are so passionate about their equipment. Ya'll keep it lively though...

Jimi

jimisurf once bubbled...
Wow, this got really out of hand! I didn't know that people are so passionate about their equipment. Ya'll keep it lively though...

Jimi

The flames could have melted a backplate :)

I may be more passionate about debating than gear. In the end it all gets wet.

Until about 2 years ago DR used standard cambands. They switched to a hinged cam band that was similar to the ones that scubapro uses. Now they are shipping with a new camband that is stainless.

Beats me, but I have a funny feeling that Scubapro may have a patent on the hinged cam bands and caused the supply to dry up.

They all will hold your tank on the harness.

Yep, I think that's what happened. Scubapro probably didn't let DR use their style band. Halcyon uses a stainless cam buckle - maybe that's why DR went that way.

As a longtime Scubapro BC user (before I got my TPII) I grew to really like the solid grip of their hinged buckles even if they take a bit longer to adjust to different tank sizes. So I bought a ScubaPro band for $12 from my LDS who had a spare. He said it retailed for $40 though.

I put the SC band on top thinking it would be the main attachment with the standard plastic cam on the bottom just to stabilize the tank. But with the TP II the tank is held so high you really need to keep the top strap as high as possible so as not to bump your head on the reg. So I've moved the SC band to the bottom and the top band is pretty much just for stabiilty.

that Dive Rite was using had the adjustment point on the buckle side rather than on the ring side. This makes adjustment for different size tanks easier.

By the way, the hinged cambands were available through dive rite express for $15 each, last time I checked.

Yep, they are there at $15. Interestingly enough that's cheaper than the "standard" cam strap w/ buckle. Hmmm.

probably discontinued, close-out. I have them on my TPII. They work just fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom