Whites attached boots, Evos and shore diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

4sak3n

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am in the position where I must choose between Whites' semi-attached boots and their Evo 3 boots.

I am leaning towards the attached boots because I have read that they allow greater mobility of the ankle which means your range of motion to do various kick types is increased. However this comes at the cost of support of the ankle and for rockly shore entries people are recommending the Evos. Since most of my diving will be shore diving this is an issue for me.

What I would like to know is how do the attached boots compare in terms of support to conventional zippered 5mm booties? I manage shore entries just fine in booties and if the attached boots are comparable then I don't see a problem.

If you dive both or either of the boots mentioned please do chime in and let me know how you find them. Your remarks would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

I have used the fusion boot and the support and feel is very similar to 5mm wetsuit boots. I really like the ease of dressing and undressing with the attached boots. The one problem I had was my dry liner would come out of the fusion boots occasionally, so I use my wetsuit boots most of the time.

I agree, the attached boots to me feel like a 5mil bootie. Not sure I would want to walk long distances in them, but good enough for most dive days.

Back
Top Bottom