Whites Introduces Seal Lock Technology (SLT)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got my Fusion back today with the new seals. Initially I thought the neck seal was going to be tight (not trimmed yet) but was remarkably comfortable and actually felt looser than the existing trimmed latex seal once I got it on. It also seems to have more contact area on my neck, so maybe it will eliminate the hangman's-noose rash I was getting. Wrist seals are also very comfortable. I get to dive it this weekend, so will report back after I get it wet.

Thanks again DRIS for the great service!

I recently had Dive Right in Scuba retrofit my fusion with the SLT along with the silicon seals as well. Absolutely love the new seals. Extremely comfortable, they do a great job maintaining a good seal. The only downside is you lose a bit of mobility in the chest area, but it's well worth it in my opinion.

Thanks for the excellent service and speedy turnaround time DRIS!

Mike, is there anything special about the latex neck seals for the ring system? Looking at your accessories page, it appears that the latex seals are standard bellows seals, is that right?

Just going to drop a note here regarding the current silicone seals and S/M size Fusions. If you are thinking about this combo, don't. I'm in the upper range of measurements for Small/Med size (save for plenty of room around the waist) and both the neck and wrist seals are just a little bit too big..it's close enough to be frustrating. My neck is 14" and just measured the wrist at 6.75". Smaller seals are supposedly on the way, but Whites didn't provide an ETA. If you don't want the hassle just go with latex, you'll be fine.

Who did you get the suit from? They didnt' have extra seals for you?

The smaller suits it is hit or miss with the silicon seals. The best thing is either way you have a replaceable seal system. Hopefully, DEMA time will bring about a smaller set of neck seals :wink:

Hello,

I just ordered the Fusion Tech with the SLT system and the SI TECH Glove Lock system. Do you have instructions on how to attach the Glove Lock system to the SLT system?

thanks,

JK

You have 3 choices

Pullover Rubber Gloves - Just pull over the rings and the stretch keeps out the water
Quick Lock Glove System - Pushes together with the SLT wrist system, then you unscrew the wrist system and it pops off
Glove Lock - Made to go Over the SLT system, and then just a half turn and it locks on, half turn and it pops off. The most expensive, but also the easiest and a wider location for your hand to fit thru.

There are other dryglove options out there, but the above are all made by Sitech, and work together flawlessly. If you go with another system, you will most likely have 2 systems inline with each other....meaning a lot of plastic along your wrist area ( SLT system PLUS your other dryglove system that goes onto the seal)

Jungho, click the product link in the post you quoted and it takes you to the product page at DRIS. There are video's at the bottom of the page that show how to install the systems. Here is a direct link:Si Tech Wrist system and Dryglove Options - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom