Who has NEVER had something stolen in Bonaire?

Have you ever had something stolen in Bonaire?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been to Bonaire twice. Nothing stolen, no problems. Same for five trips to Curacao.

In the United States -- where I live -- I've been the victim of an armed robbery/mugging, have had my apartment burglarized, various cars broken into numerous times (so often when I lived in Atlanta that I took out the car stereo and the glove compartment door off and started leaving it unlocked 24/7), things stolen out of my yard, and my mailbox blown up by an M-80 once, flattened with a baseball bat another time. Although it took quite some time to accumulate this laundry list of crime, it does have a point.

I've been there twice and have never left anything to steal other than a cheap pair of sunglasses and a bottle of water. Always leave my window rolled down. I don't even take a dive bag. I only take what I need for two - three dives at a time.

Just returned from a fabulous week! The only issue was the mosquitos.....
From Taylor Maid to Red Slave and all points in between!
Stayed in a waterfront Villa in Belnam-very nice! We opted for creative hideing places other than the safe...but it wasnt necessary?

Time to start planning trip #4....

Drew

Two trips, nothing taken. I just followed directions, left the truck unlocked and empty, so there was nothing to take. No problems in the rooms at the resorts either (Plaza and Buddy's).

Five trips, 0 thefts. We did see a kid in our van who took off on his bike when we surfaced. The local officers knew who he was just hadn't caught him in the act ....yet (2003).

And yeah, what is the purpose of this poll? High crime in Bonaire compared to any other place is a myth.

Dennis

The purpose of this thread is to provide the counter viewpoint to this thread. So potential visitors can make up their own minds. Plus why does everyone always post the negative...

No particular reason for this poll to run for a year. Just the option I chose.

Back
Top Bottom