Who hates their White Fusion Dry Suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the grey inside which should be the newer bag. Sailkote would probably help me get in and out a little better. What I am doing now seems to work though.

I didn't want to hear the Bullet skin made it harder to get in out of either. Wish they had another demo day coming our direction. I would like to try one now before buying.

First 25-40 dives in a drysuit is like diving a hefty bag.... it really does take some getting used to managing.

I have had multiple DUI suits and recently switched over to a Fusion w/ a tech skin... no real complaints.... I regularly dive it for 2-3 hours in 71 degree freshwater...

I found it easier to manage the bubble vs. the high end DUI's due to the stretch and fit the lycra/neoprene adds.

As I posted before, I'm a total Newbie when it comes to DS diving and I don't have any other suits or Fusion Skins to compare with, so I may not know what I don't know. I found my Bullet pretty easy and simple to get into and out of. If there is anything I find hard about it is; getting my second arm in if I don't make sure to get any folds or twists out of the sleeve before hand. It's like hitting a "dead end" if I don't. The boots/ankles can cause the same issue, but so far, that has been the only negative at this time. It doesn't seem any more difficult than my 5mm wetsuit. I haven't had a chance to use the pockets underwater yet.

As I posted before, I'm a total Newbie when it comes to DS diving and I don't have any other suits or Fusion Skins to compare with, so I may not know what I don't know. I found my Bullet pretty easy and simple to get into and out of. If there is anything I find hard about it is; getting my second arm in if I don't make sure to get any folds or twists out of the sleeve before hand. It's like hitting a "dead end" if I don't. The boots/ankles can cause the same issue, but so far, that has been the only negative at this time. It doesn't seem any more difficult than my 5mm wetsuit. I haven't had a chance to use the pockets underwater yet.

Good point -- I certainly get into my Fusion faster than my 7mm. Probably faster than my 5mm or 3mm, either.

My WHITE FUSION SPORT DRY SUIT...I had such high hopes, read so many reviews, asked all the right questions, even tried them out had problems and everyone said just have to dive it more and you will love it...so I bought one......well I did dive it more and...well I hate it....when diving to be level it is so touchy, weighting is so hard to get right I never did......the bubble is hard to manage.....I am not dry I am wet with sweat...super soaked.....it is hard to get in to.....neck seal chokes me....my wrist seals?.. well my hand just does not fit though with out cream and then trobs because it is so tight......My White Fusion Dry Suit Sport makes diving not fun......and the bigest issue.......I AM STILL COLD!!!! even with the $259.00 4th Element xerotherm undergarments I was really trying. The reviews are great and people love it but I just don't know......I hate it...never even had a marginally good dive....I would rather dive wet put it on and go..... the dive shop I bought it from does not offer much help...... so I am a :dork2: for believing the LDS when they said that more dives make it better...only thing I can do is :crying: ...and..:laughing:......feeling like a fool..:dork2:...and I guess it is sadly time to just write this......so anyone who wants a great deal on a drysuit or wetsuit (or other equipment) with an extra neoprene skin contact me 2x/3x short it has all the goodies.......hope someone gives it a good home and loves my lonely White Fusion Dry Suit I learned my lesson Hey maybe I can donate it to Good Will and write it off of taxes? or toss it in the dump.....Ok I vented.....I am happy for all those who found diving dry in a White Fusion their salvation.......wish I was one.:idk:

Wow.

I'm sorry you have had a miserable experience diving dry.

Given your specific complaints, though:

• You'd be just as upset no matter which brand drysuit you dove, since your complaints are applicable to any drysuit
  • Whoever taught your drysuit class did you no favors

All the best, James

I have the grey inside which should be the newer bag. Sailkote would probably help me get in and out a little better. What I am doing now seems to work though.

I didn't want to hear the Bullet skin made it harder to get in out of either. Wish they had another demo day coming our direction. I would like to try one now before buying.

Even with the gray interior, you might have an older style bag. When White's developed the newer "Fusion Boot" they made a couple changes to the leg, increasing the opening at the ankle and adding the Velcro for the boot. I am considering having my older (gray interior) bag sent back for modification. For other reasons I may suffer through for a little while longer.

I have exactly 5 dives on my Fusion (Tech) but my experience is the opposite of yours. It just felt right from the get go. I still have some learning to do with bubble management, and am naturally leg heavy so that works in my favor.

I spent almost 3 hours in the pool just getting used to it, doing multiple inflates and vents, feet up, tuck & rolls, etc. Yes it feels weird and is not as predictable as my 7mil, but I have not been cold which really makes the diving better for me.

One complaint is that it is tough for me to get in and out of, but I can do it by myself. I have tight shoulders so getting the top off is an issue, but its also the same for my undergarment, so I can't blame the suit for that. I also get a neck rash from the seal, but I am trimming it a bit at a time to help eliminate that. I may go to silicone seals if it doesn't go away.

The only other thing I hate is how the skin droops as you walk. the bag stays up but the skin drops a good 12-18".

I also had very high hopes with this suit and was disappointed. It was my own fault for believing the hype when it first came out.

There is a reality about diving dry and trying to make it something else is futile. I remember reading that the Fussion was like diving a 3mil. Pleaaaaaaase, whoever truly believe that has a very crappy fitting 3mil.

I started dry with a vulcanized Gates, when it was time for a new one I used the vulcanized Viking. Diving those suits was anything but comfy, but the alternatives were not acceptable, I used them for contaminated water so comfy or not I like them better than the possibility of glowing in the dark.

For clean but cold water I used a trilam Zeagle that fitted very good and kept me from having shivering fits. It allowed me to keep diving when the water got cold but the additional 10 pounds needed did not go un-noticed. As soon as the water warmed up enough for me to use a 5mil I was thrilled, then the 3 mil and finally just a thin canvas suit ...woooo hoooo that's comfort!!!

Then whenever it was years ago, I get the word about the Fussion.... the latest and greatest, and silly me I believed it. It is an ok suit and I think it packs in a smaller bag than my Zeagle, but it is a Dry Suit with the main characteristics of a Dry Suit, comparing it with a 3 mil suit (or any wet suit) is like comparing acceleration with almonds.

I think those of us who said diving the Fusion was like diving a 3 mil wetsuit were simply referring to the mobility. It's definitely still a dry suit!

There are two issues I have with the Bullet skin and getting the suit on and off. One is that the arms and legs compress more than the Lycra does, so the bag is even more crumpled around me and it just seems far more difficult to push my feet down the legs. The other is that the arms don't attach to the bag with Velcro (I have no idea why not) so you can't even pull a little bit on the skin to help work the arms up. I could do that with my Lycra one. Now I have to reach up inside the sleeve with the other hand, and try to work it up my arm.

It has never been terribly easy to get the suit on over the Mk3 undergarment (over thinner undergarments, it's really easy to trivial). But the new skin has made it go from mildly annoying to sometimes frustrating to tears, especially if I end up gearing up in a hurry.

As the author of the "as flexible as my 3mil wetsuit" comment, I still stand by it.

At the time, the comparison was:

Henderson custom 3mil Goldcore
-vs-
Fusion Sport (lycra) skin w/ Mk2 undergarments

Yes, the Fusion is a drysuit. Yes, you have to fly the bubble and control the buoyancy. However, in a Fusion, I can reach everything (like valves) that I can while wearing a 3mil, with comparable resistance to motion.

Never said it was just like a 3mil wetsuit. That would be hyperbole.

All the best, James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom