Who hates their White Fusion Dry Suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would love to hear what weight people are generally using with this dry suit. Wondering if the neoprene adds substantial buoyancy.

I don't think the 1mm neoprene of the Fusion Bullet adds a significant amount of positive buoyancy. I find that the primary impact on buoyancy and how much weight I need to carry is directly related to my undergarment selection.

Looking at my dive log, when diving my suit with thin fleece undergarments I only use 4kgs (8.8lbs). When I dive with my Thermal Fusion undergarment, I need 10-12kgs (22-26.4lbs).

The Fusion Tech's skin is spandex with 1mm neoprene panels, and the Fusion Sport's skin is all spandex....these skins will have even less impact on buoyancy than the Bullet model, and can be purchased as replacement item and swapped for the Bullet's full 1mm neoprene if that is a concern.

-Z

Edit note: The weights mentioned above were using a steel 12L cylinder, Dive Right stainless steel backplate, and diving in fresh water.

Would love to hear what weight people are generally using with this dry suit. Wondering if the neoprene adds substantial buoyancy.
I've been diving the Fusion bullet for 10 ish years. I use zero lead with my CCR with an AL backplate and dual 40 bailouts (probably similar to diving double 80's). When I use Steel bailouts, I'm overweighted...even with a composite backplate. I can't remember the last time I dove a single tank with a stab jacket, but i would imagine there would be a significant lead requirement.

Does anyone have a lead on a men’s large in the Aircore variety?

Does anyone have a lead on a men’s large in the Aircore variety?
Here is one for sale on ebay...the ad indicates local pickup only but maybe you can send them a message to see if they are amenable to dropping it in the post...shipping by USPS should cost between $30 and $50.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom