Who hates their White Fusion Dry Suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use regular neoprene booties. Easy peasy to get on and off.

Reactions: Zef
So found a pair of NOS fusion boots in my size online, ordered them and wondered why they were not shipping, so I called. Turns out their system showed 2 pair but they couldn't find them. Then, today I'm hanging out at the LDS trying to find something I can't live without and I walked by a display that looked like all kids shoes. All this time I thought that section of the store was the kids section. They are Poseidon and they look like converse sneakers except they have bungee cord laces and made of neoprene, so I asked. Turns out they have all sizes, so that's the plan. I wear an 11 street shoe so with the attached suit sock + some heavy wool socks I figure 12 or 13.

You need to try on your fins with the Poseidon boots to see if they fit...it is not uncommon to need a fin with a larger size foot pocket to use with rock boots.

One of the advantages of the original Fusion boots is they are about as low profile as a neoprene bootie, so one can dive with the same fins they use when diving wet.

-Z

So found a pair of NOS fusion boots in my size online, ordered them and wondered why they were not shipping, so I called. Turns out their system showed 2 pair but they couldn't find them. Then, today I'm hanging out at the LDS trying to find something I can't live without and I walked by a display that looked like all kids shoes. All this time I thought that section of the store was the kids section. They are Poseidon and they look like converse sneakers except they have bungee cord laces and made of neoprene, so I asked. Turns out they have all sizes, so that's the plan. I wear an 11 street shoe so with the attached suit sock + some heavy wool socks I figure 12 or 13.

FWIW, my understanding is the Poseidon's are pretty narrow but I could be misremembering. I use the Altama Maritime Assaults because they have wide versions. Try before you buy if at all possible.

You need to try on your fins with the Poseidon boots to see if they fit...it is not uncommon to need a fin with a larger size foot pocket.

One of the advantages of the original Fusion boots is they are about as low profile as a neoprene bootie, so one can dive with the same fins they use when diving wet.

-Z
I use the same booties and fins diving wet or dry. When wet, I wear extra thick wool socks. Very convenient.

FWIW, my understanding is the Poseidon's are pretty narrow but I could be misremembering. I use the Altama Maritime Assaults because they have wide versions. Try before you buy if at all possible.
The only reason I'm considering these is because I can try them on. I was kind of counting on buying new drysuit fins. I really wish I could find the fusion boots, but they are discontinued and pretty scarce.

I use the same booties and fins diving wet or dry. When wet, I wear extra thick wool socks. Very convenient.
You wear wool socks when diving wet? What do you wear for booties? 5mm, 7mm? LDS only has 5mm, but with some good socks inside the suit, that should be enough.

Narrow could be a deal breaker. I always wear a wide in street shoes.

Past drysuits have always had attached boots, so the sock thing is new to me. The Seaskin I have coming in a couple months will have attached boots.

You wear wool socks when diving wet? What do you wear for booties? 5mm, 7mm? LDS only has 5mm, but with some good socks inside the suit, that should be enough.
I do indeed. My booties are 5mm.

Never considered that. Do they offer any thermal properties when wet? Do they get soggy?
I don't really know about thermal protection. The booties are too big without them, so I've never tried. Best guess is no, though.

They are totally soaked when I pull them off, of course. I don't recall noticing any annoying squish during the dive, or walks back to the car.

I don't really know about thermal protection. The booties are too big without them, so I've never tried. Best guess is no, though.

They are totally soaked when I pull them off, of course. I don't recall noticing any annoying squish during the dive, or walks back to the car.
Your wool socks are soaking wet?

Are they inside the drysuit socks? Or outside the DS, in your booties?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom