Who hates their White Fusion Dry Suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think they mean 5mm neoprene boots worn outside instead of rock boots. i still think the evo3 boots are the best option if you can find a pair in your size.

I really wish I could find the fusion boots, but they are discontinued and pretty scarce.

What size do you need?

You will not need to size up with fusion boots....I wear a size 10 street shoe and started with an 11 fusion boot thinking that I would need to size up. I wound up taking them back to the shop to trade them for a 10.

I switch back and forth between a heavy wool sock and thick fleece socks, never had a problem with my feet feeling cold.

-Z

This site seems to have all the sizes available:

-Z

This site seems to have all the sizes available:

-Z
I need size 12. American only has 8 and 9 in stock. I think I have a better chance of spotting a unicorn than a fusion boot.

Thinking about cutting off the socks and installing integrated boots.

I think you are overthinking this again and leading yourself to invest in something not worth the investment.

While I like my Fusion Bullet, I would not invest any money in modifying it. That money would be better spent investing in something made to measure.

Given that the DryCore version of the Fusion drysuit was discontinued approximately 7 years ago, coupled with the notion that you either have not yet dived what you purchased or have dived it very few times and don't know if you truly like this suit, if it truly covers your needs, or if there aren't any issues with it, this suit should be looked at as a stop-gap until you find or can afford something more suitable (no pun intended).

Pouring money into this suit to customize it to your liking is a fools errand and will probably lead to spending more money than you expect/it is worth and will most likely result in dissatisfaction and regret.

The only thing special about Fusion boots is they have velcro tabs that grab onto the ring of velcro around the cuff of the suit to help keep the boots attached. They are actually pretty crappy with regards to the fact they provide zero arch support and nearly zero ankle support. They are not much better than using a neoprene booty.

-Z

I think you are overthinking this again and leading yourself to invest in something not worth the investment.

While I like my Fusion Bullet, I would not invest any money in modifying it. That money would be better spent investing in something made to measure.

Given that the DryCore version of the Fusion drysuit was discontinued approximately 7 years ago, coupled with the notion that you either have not yet dived what you purchased or have dived it very few times, this suit should be looked at as a stop-gap until you find or can afford something more suitable (no pun intended).

Pouring money into this suit to customize it to your liking is a fools errand and will probably lead to spending more money than you expect/it is worth and will most likely result in dissatisfaction and regret.

The only thing special about Fusion boots is they have velcro tabs that grab onto the ring of velcro around the cuff of the suit to help keep the boots attached. They are actually pretty crappy with regards to the fact they provide zero arch support and nearly zero ankle support. They are not much better using a neoprene booty.

-Z
Thanks for talking me off the ledge. :) This suit is a stop gap. I have a Seaskin on order. I picked this suit up used just to get by and serve as a backup.

Your wool socks are soaking wet?

Are they inside the drysuit socks? Or outside the DS, in your booties?
No. I was talking about using the same booties and fins when diving wet. I wear thick wool socks when I dive wet to fill the space inside the bootie.

Would love to hear what weight people are generally using with this dry suit. Wondering if the neoprene adds substantial buoyancy.

Reactions: Zef
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom